wireless pci card wont connect to certain router

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built a new computer, and I have been trying to hook it up to my network. I have a Airlink101 MIMO(their version of Linksys SRX) router(offbrand I know) but it works.
In my new computer is a Airlink 101 pci card. It won't connect to my router. I am able to connect to my neighbors network barely, so I know the card works. I have the exact same network card in another computer in the house, and it works fine.
I thought it could be the encryption so I turned that off, and it still didnt work. I repaired it multiple times, but it kept giving me an error box for "not able to connect to router"
I installed the drivers for the PCI card like i did for the other card in the other computer, but that did not help. I installed and updated the drivers, and tried uninstalling them too.
I realize it says there is only 2-3 bars of connection beetween my computer and the router, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Why won't my card connect to my router?

thanks.

That's a good question.

Can you explain how you know it isn't connected? Are you not able to get online or are there other signs you can't connect (like no IP address is assigned, Windows or your utility tells you it can't connect etc..).

Usually if new products are a lot of trouble, I just recommend taking them back because sometimes things just don't work together like they should.

do they both use the same protocol? I.e. 802.11 g? is one proprietary and the other not? is the router a pre -n draft router? If so it may not work....
if all the answers are no to the above, then your problem likes elsewhere. I think your problem is that your router is non-standard.

double check ur router's settings and weather the wireless function is on and what mode it is at wireless b/g set it according to ur wireless card!.:)

Does the PC IP show up in the DHCP Client Table in your Router?
Try giving it a static IP instead and go into the router to let it know that it's okay for that static IP to connect to your network (that's if you have that feature in your router to perform such a task) Otherwise you sometimes parts do go bad after you buy them DOA you know consider that also.

Remove the drivers for the PCI card and reboot the PC. Let Windows re-install them again for you (might need that CD driver again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back