Wireless Router Configurations for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

armen115

Hello.. I am having MAJOR problems with my xbox 360 and connecting to xbox live. I have tried everying that tech support has told me and they have ran out of suggestions. My problem is that when I select my wireless network and run the test it says: Wireless Network: Not connected. I have connected to other wireless networks so its not my network adapter, and its not my ISP because ive connected directly to my modem.
Hardware: Modem connected to my D-Link DI 524 wireless router, which is connected to my computer. I also have a wireless network adapter on my xbox. My xbox detects the network but cant connect to it, so I know its my router and a configuration with it that I need to fix from that website.

Help very much appreciated!

Personally, I absolutely despise D-Link products, they don't play nice when it comes to a lot of devices like X-boxes, at least that is my experience.

I assume, since it cannot connect at all, that it is not a DHCP or IP related problem but still, make sure DHCP is enabled and working on your router.

What type of encryption are you using (if any) on your wireless network?
I would recommend using a WPA2-personal key if your devices can support it.

In the end, you can always try restoring your router to factory defaults and working your way up, to see what the problem is with the Xbox connecting.

If it doesn't connect when the router has factory defaults enabled (make sure wireless is active though, some factory defaults disable the wireless...) then you need different equipment probably...

I recommend a Linksys WRT600N or similar.
I recommend the ones that support wireless N and dual frequency (5.0GHz and 2.4GHz) because I don't recommend buying out-dated technology, cause it becomes more out-dated quite fast... and besides, the speed of the wireless N routers when used with compatible N adapters is so nice and fast...

armen115 said:
Hello.. I am having MAJOR problems with my xbox 360 and connecting to xbox live. I have tried everying that tech support has told me and they have ran out of suggestions. My problem is that when I select my wireless network and run the test it says: Wireless Network: Not connected. I have connected to other wireless networks so its not my network adapter, and its not my ISP because ive connected directly to my modem.
Hardware: Modem connected to my D-Link DI 524 wireless router, which is connected to my computer. I also have a wireless network adapter on my xbox. My xbox detects the network but cant connect to it, so I know its my router and a configuration with it that I need to fix from that website.

Help very much appreciated!

home_01.jpg

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/adv_virtual.html

Did you use the above?
http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/adv_appl.html
http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/adv_firewall.html

Also configure the above?
http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/tools_misc.html

Enable game mode

Have you updated the firmware? And it still won't connect? But you say everything else works correct wireless? Do you have anyone who has Xbox and using it wireless and to take it over too their place to see if your Xbox wireless adapter is working? That might be your problem. Did you update the firmware for your xbox wireless adapter? Did this ever work prior?

Doesn't work.. there is no gaming mode on this because it is already enabled.. so I tried enabling DMZ but it still doesnt work.. I also DO use the site to configure the stuff. Any more router configuration suggestions?

Well, I don't know what to tell you... it's still not connecting at all?
At this point, if you really need/want it to work, then I would recommend that you actually buy another router and try that.
You could always return it if it doesn't work any better.

I'm still thinking there's some sort of IP conflict... but I dunno...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back