Wireless Router question

By craigdexter1
Aug 25, 2008
  1. I have a Belkin Wirless router I want to use to set up a wireless network in my house-

    would it work if I run the wired modem to the wireless router via 10/100 cable and since I have a wireless adapter PCI card in my desk top PCnI should be able to get the signal.

    The set up guide states that I have to run the wired modem to the wireless router then run a 10/100 cable from the wireless router to the PC.
    I can't get the thing set up! WTF!
  2. NetCablesPlus

    NetCablesPlus TS Maniac Posts: 228

    Some routers require that the admin PC be hardwired to it to do any configuration work. So, hook up a cable from the PC to the router while setting up the router and then you can re-connect with wireless to the PC once the initial set up has been done. Of course, if you ever want to make changes to the router settings, you will have to hardwire the PC to it again.
  3. jobeard

    jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 11,173   +989

    >Some routers require that the admin PC be hardwired

    Think about it -- changing anything in the WiFi setup would almost certainly cause
    the current connection to drop and the changes to be lost :)
  4. radnam

    radnam TS Rookie Posts: 29

    Wireless Broadband help

    Need more help click on the Link for Wireless Help in MY Sugnature you would get the desired help. One of my posts there.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...