Word 2007 Problem with TOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have hit a command button that has changed my TOC layout & now I can only view my TOC 2 ways - either it says {TOC \o "1-3"} or if I try to update it by clicking on F9, I get the document headings and a hperlink thing instead of the page numbers. It seems to have changed all of my TOC documents in Word, not just the one I am working on. Does anyone know how to change it back?

Learn how to automatically create a table of contents, or TOC, in Microsoft Word 2007
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102616991033&ofcresset=1

In 2007 it is under the "References" ribbon and is the very first button labeled as "Table of Contents."

A work-around is to "Select All", then right-click somewhere and click "Paragraph", then set the "Outline level" to "Body Text".

Hmm, not sure why I have never used this, I'm also subscribing to the thread to learn for myself!

Actually, when I try to update by selecting all and then hitting F9, I get the {TOC \o "1-3"} thing. Then if I hightlight it and right click and choose toggle field codes, my page numbers are shown as {PAGEREF_Toc2095380848\h}. I tried to delete & recreate the TOC but the same thing hapens. Something has been set up and I can't seem to reverse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back