World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth Review

A game that needs third party addons to make the high end instances even remotely playable, isn't a game I want to get back into.

As much as I love this game back when I played, I felt that far too much of my time was spent keeping up to date with all the latest addons. The last time I installed this game to use a free trial I had. I tried to play the game totally vanilla, no addons, no scripts... To me, it was difficult and unplayable...

I think I will wait for an MMO of Starcraft and see if they can improve anything.

A game that needs third party addons to make the high end instances even remotely playable, isn't a game I want to get back into.

As much as I love this game back when I played, I felt that far too much of my time was spent keeping up to date with all the latest addons. The last time I installed this game to use a free trial I had. I tried to play the game totally vanilla, no addons, no scripts... To me, it was difficult and unplayable...

I think I will wait for an MMO of Starcraft and see if they can improve anything.

The Quality of life add ons that the user community came up with through out the years is what makes the game much more fun to play. The add ons take but seconds to update if you have Twitch these days.Yes, it's basically the same formula, but the story and the game continues to evolve and and it honestly looks great for a 14 year old game. I think players have outgrown it and moved on. I've tried all of the other so called WoW killers and always comeback. Actually enjoying the latest content very much.

I play pretty vanilla, just boss mods and dps meters. Both of which take no real time to update. I have played this way for the whole thing and have been in my share of raids, be it main tanking or just doing dps. No issues with just those few addons. Even still, I could do without both, like we did in vanilla, and would still have tons of fun. You don't need to load the game down with addons to make it playable or fun.

I use boss mods, GTFO, and map coordinate add on. It's a good expansion but it's not as game changing as legion was.

Back