Worst game ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demiurg

As it is a little slow here I thought I'd steal this topic from the Morrowind Forums. There it's named "OT: Venting Time! What's the WORST game you ever bought?" and I just loved Death Knight's description of his first (and only) day playing Ultima Online:

I spent 8 hours walking from one town to another, doing absolutely nothing but walking during that time.

Hehe. Can't be much more boring than that. Or can it?

Anyway, my main contenders are:
Requiem: Avenging Angel - Yes, I bought it and was shocked over how terrible it was. The graphics, the models, the design, the gameplay. Urgh.
Black & White - Certainly the biggest disappointment anyway. Initially I was very impressed by the graphics, A.I. and depth, but soon I realized how boring and frustrating the actual gameplay was. Constantly forced to feed your little critter, the constant whisper of "death, death, death" and the terrible quests - finding the missing Singing Stones and trying to put them in the right order is probably my worst gaming experience ever. An afternoon of utter frustration.

Fire Fighter for the Atari console.
You had to direct water at the windows of a blazing building.
One flaw me and my mate found at the time was that you could wait and the flames would eventually burn out.
Sort of made the already lame game lamer ;)

I'll have to cast my vote on Phantasmagoria. Not sure if anyone has heard of this game, but it was a 7 CD game. Yups, 7 CDs. Gosh, it was supposed to be a horror adventure game. Most of the time when something's about to happen, the game will have a slight pause. By that time, you'll know that something's gonna happen. And did I mention the size of the game?? Argh...

Originally posted by lokem
I'll have to cast my vote on Phantasmagoria. Not sure if anyone has heard of this game, but it was a 7 CD game. Yups, 7 CDs. Gosh, it was supposed to be a horror adventure game. Most of the time when something's about to happen, the game will have a slight pause. By that time, you'll know that something's gonna happen. And did I mention the size of the game?? Argh...

Man you are crazy!! That is by far one of the best games to ever come out. The sequel was cruddy but the original is a masterpiece. Lokem, I whole-heartedly disagree with you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just disagree.

I read a feature in Electronic Gaming Monthly on that issue, in their opinion it was a game based on ET...sounds bad already :dead:

Big Brother 1 & 2 for PC

Scored(in PC GAMER):

2% - Big Brother 1

N\A% - Big Brother 2 (the quote being, "we put as much effort in giving this game a score as they did making it!")

While your on reality TV games how about Survivor. I haven't played it, but seriously how good could it actually be??? ;)

Man you are crazy!! That is by far one of the best games to ever come out. The sequel was cruddy but the original is a masterpiece. Lokem, I whole-heartedly disagree with you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I just disagree.

Same to you :D Each to their own it seems :D hehehe.

Man thats a tough one to nail down. Its a group too. I hate any game that looses my interest in 10 minutes. I hate most games that I actually have to read the manual to do something....give me control and now...If I can't install and start playing, its boreing and its bad.... ;)

Originally posted by boeingfixer
Man thats a tough one to nail down. Its a group too. I hate any game that looses my interest in 10 minutes. I hate most games that I actually have to read the manual to do something....give me control and now...If I can't install and start playing, its boreing and its bad.... ;)

I guess that rules out all the flight sims and games like MechWarrior :D

Originally posted by lokem

I guess that rules out all the flight sims and games like MechWarrior :D

Well, no, I have tried Mech and liked it, never got around to buying the full version though. I do like flight sims but hate games that have 100 buttons to push. I can enjoy a select few but not many of them.

Originally posted by LNCPapa
glDoom is great - but Daikatana was a piece...
LNCPapa
Oh gosh.... Not that one... I think I can say the same for C&C: Renegade... Blech.... What a piece of........

Originally posted by boeingfixer

Well, no, I have tried Mech and liked it, never got around to buying the full version though. I do like flight sims but hate games that have 100 buttons to push. I can enjoy a select few but not many of them.
Don't most flight sims force you to scour nearly the entire keyboard to fly the plane "correctly"? :)

Worst Game Ever...

Originally posted by Ai Hate

actually, the worst game i've came across recently is...i think is Monopoly Tycoon. dunno why... but i installed it, played it for 30 mins, forgot for a month, nuked out while clearing the harddisk, and never to be found anymore...
maybe i didn't put enough effort into the game...
but as far as i know, using the game CD as a frizbee (spelling is my specialty ) would be more fun

Carmageddon on N64 got 0% in a Nintendo mag!

The worst game I've played is also on the 64: Tonic Trouble!!

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's a tough choice for me. It would have to be a 3 way tie between: Daikatana, C&C Red Alert, and Tribes 2....nope, I almost forgot F1 2000, that makes 4.

Check out this article on some of the more recent games that this guy thinks is the worst on the particular console.

By Steven Kent
March 29, 2002
http://www.msnbc.com/news/731377.asp?cp1=1

Every video game system has a defining game, an exclusive game like Mario 64 or Gran Turismo that shows off both what the console can do and what the manufacturer is about. This article is not about those classic games. This article is about the worst games for each system, the games that are so bad they leave the taste of sulfur in your mouth. These are the games that leave you numb enough to sit through an entire Britney Spears or Mariah Carey movie without complaining.

HOMM4...

HOMM 4... it's climbing up my list...
i've only played the game for 15 mins, but that's the problem... i can't stand playing it anymore than that... :evil:
worst game i've ever purchased since monopoly tycoon...

or maybe it's just new... we'll have to wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back