Wrong charger used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I borrowed an acer aspire laptop, I was working with it and the battery was running out, as I didnot take the charger I used one of the chargers I had at home, I plugged it and it instantly shut down, just went black, when I checked the charger it was on negative polarity, and there was a little burnt plastic smell coming from the bottom of the laptop, do you think that this might me repairable, I really need to do some repairs because this thing is not mine and will get in deep trouble if I cannot do anything,

I sent it to a tech guys and he advised that the motherboard is completely lost, do you think it's true and at what price am i looking for to get a new motherboard?

I really need some help and advise because, you won't imagine in how much trouble i'm in at the moment, because the laptop contained really important data.

hi kersley

Even if the motherboard is fried, I don't think that this would result in any loss of data as the data is stored on you Hard Disk. So as for your really important data, you should be ok. Replace the motherboard (if that's your only problem - I would check the power supply as well) and all should be good.

Spyder_1386 :)

how much do you think a motherboard can cost

hi kersley

Even if the motherboard is fried, I don't think that this would result in any loss of data as the data is stored on you Hard Disk. So as for your really important data, you should be ok. Replace the motherboard (if that's your only problem - I would check the power supply as well) and all should be good.

Do you think you could have a quotation for an aspire? I don't really know the model though, but a rounded price should give me an idea

Hey kersley

Where are you from? I'm not really the person to be asking about prices to be honest. I don't know what parts cost in other countries (I'm in South Africa). Do you know what type of motherboard is installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back