Xeon CPU on a desktop mobo

TorturedChaos

So I bought a Xeon CPU (Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2) to put on a Asrock Mobo (ASRock Z77 Pro4). The idea was the Xeon CPU is less expensive and doesn't have the built in graphics that the i7's do. Since I had planned to use a discreet graphics card I figured this was a good plan. So I looked up the Mobo on Asrock's site and it said the Xeon CPU is compatible. So I ordered it.
Got in the other day and I could not get it to boot with the Xeon CPU. Computer would beep 5 times very quickly. Looked up the beep code - says "Processor Error". After spending about a day screwing with it, calling custom PC shops around town, and looking online I didn't have an answer. Other people seem to have done this succesfully but not me I guess.
I finally said screw it, and picked up an i7 locally. I had to get this computer running to get work done. Computer runs fine with the i7 CPU.
So now I have this Xeon CPU sitting in its little box, and I would like to find a desktop Mobo to put it on and use it to replace one of the other old computers we have around here. Does anyone know of a board that is confirmed to work with a Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2? Or am I just completely off my rocker?

Thanks

I couldn't even get that far. Nothing would load on the screen. Just blank screen and 5 beeps.
Also it states on Asrocks Supported CPU list that its been supported for all revisions of the BIOS

Yeah need new Memory here is a quote ALWAYS look at this! its in the discription of the memory "Compatible with Intel LGA1155/LGA1156 and AMD AM3/Llano/AM3+ platforms

Intel XMP support for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors

To reach rated memory speed, enabling Intel XMP profile or manual BIOS tuning is required

Combination with other memory kits or modules (even with same model number) is not recommended to avoid any compatibility issues"

Yeah need new Memory here is a quote ALWAYS look at this! its in the discription of the memory "Compatible with Intel LGA1155/LGA1156 and AMD AM3/Llano/AM3+ platforms
It is an LGA1155 platform.

I honestly don't know what the issue may be. I've never had dealings with Xeon CPU's.

Back