XFX 750i mobo with E6600?

You probably need to contact XFX Support (an oxymoron if ever there was one) since you need to register with them to get any info.

Technically, the 750i supports Wolfdale (45nm) dual and quad-core. The problem lies in that the E6600 is a relatively late arrival...and XFX basically lost interest in motherboards about the same time as the 750i SLI hit the shelves, and unlike EVGA, XFX decided that ongoing (legacy) support wasn't a high priority. There may be compatibility for the E6600, although I wouldn't bank on it. There's also the possibility that the board would need a BIOS update...and of course, XFX are alone in requiring people to register with them before they can download BIOS/drivers/utilities.

I see, I downloaded bios date on it says from year 2009. I guess I will find out by putting that cpu in and see what happens

Good luck, and let us know how you get on - for better or worse. With such little info put out by XFX and limited update for 750i chipsets generally it would be a good future reference for people searching for the same answer- not just for the XFX board, but also possibly for the EVGA 750i FTW, MSI P7N and Asus P5N-D.

It worked. Performance has jumped from E5200 to E6600 but not by much. I didn't even update bios. Thank you guys.

Back