Xiaomi announces 49-inch smart TV with 4K resolution for under $650

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Chinese electronics maker Xiaomi recently announced a smart TV that could send shockwaves through the industry. Unveiled by co-founder and CEO Lei Jun during a media event in Beijing, the Mi TV 2 boasts a 49-inch display from LG and...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/56780-xiaomi-announces-49-inch-smart-tv-with-4k-resolution-for-under-650.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

VitalyT

will no doubt appeal to home theater buffs
Home theatre buffs do not buy TV-s of such quality where every single aspect is a compromise for the price reduction. I wouldn't expect it to be any better than Seiki, which is pretty crappy as we know.

MilwaukeeMike

the Mi TV 2 boasts a 49-inch display from LG and supports 4K resolution at a price point just north of $600
It’s unclear when the set will ship in other regions, unfortunately.
That means it's probably not going to be $650. Just because they're going to sell it for $650 worth of Yuan (4050 of them according to Google) doesn't mean it will sell for $650 in the states or Europe.

I once paid $650 for a TV. It was a 22 inch LCD with 480p resolution and it was 2004. Glad to see tech moving forward so fast no matter where it's sold.

Reactions: gamoniac

gamoniac

will no doubt appeal to home theater buffs
Home theatre buffs do not buy TV-s of such quality where every single aspect is a compromise for the price reduction. I wouldn't expect it to be any better than Seiki, which is pretty crappy as we know.
Is this from experience, observation, or just pure conjecture?

G

I showed this article to my grandpa and he understood about every 5th word. Asked me when the androids had got out.

G

No one bothers to think about one of the core uses for 4k monitors, computer displays.