XP install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to install xp on my laptop. i would like to install it in my extra hardrive since my current one only has about 40g left on it.

I have the disc in and i restart hit any key to boot from disc. then it starts going through all these messages and such but then it stops and gives me a message that tells me if this is the first time you have seen this then restart and try again something like that. then to check my disc and to make sure my hard drive is set up properly.

i have tried to find a solution. to the problem online but i cant find any help so i have decided to see if a forum would know what to do.

I'm running vista and would like to keep it but boot xp from my other hard drive. if i have to partition the one i have vista on ill do it.

i would very much appreciate help if anyone can help me find out whats wrong.

i have tried this and a few othere guides. i seem to be having a problem that there not. i am unable to deturmine why.

the solution im trying is to create a special bootable disc from my xp disc.

any input would be helpfull

well i don't have a vista install disc so im forced to do it the hard way. i also don't favor having to install all my programs again.

i would think that having a spare hard drive would make it easier but apparently not.
im still at a bit of a loss
thanks for your help it is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back