XP Pro drives - only one boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've been looking around for a solution to my problem(s)
but i havent found anything helpfull yet, so i hope you can give me
som adivice what to or so..

I had xp pro on one of my hard-drive's, the one i used primarily.
The other one i had Windows 7 beta on, recently i installed XP pro on this hard-drive
After doing so i couldn't boot back to my "main" drive.
Basically both has xp pro now, so the problem is that i can't get back to my first installed xp drive.

I tried some stuff in the boot menu, like when i was going to set the boot priority
it seemed to be missing, but when i check the sata info thingy both drive's are there, found and everything...

Here's my Computer :

Main Hard-drive (This is the one i cant get into) : Western Digital Raptor 150gb SATA 16mb 10k rpm

Secondly drive : Samsung Spinpoint T166 320gb SATA2 16mb 7,2k rpm

Mainboard : Asus P5E, X38, Socket-775, DDR2, ATX, Firewire, gblan, 2xpci-ex(2.0)x16

Grapich card : XFX FeForce 9800GTX 760M 512MB Black Pci-Express 2.0

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz Socket LGA775, 8mb

CPU Power : 24.87w in windows

RAM : Corsair Twin2X 6400C4 DDR2, 2048MB Ck4, 800MHz Dimm's

Corsair Powersupply 750w

I have all the latest drivers.
8 Fan's

I didn't know if you needed this information about my computer but anyway here you have it.

I want to get back to my main drive because all of my saved games are there and my passwords etc..

Dont wanna install it all over again, on most of my files i don't have the install.exe so it would be hard to transfer from it.

If you need any more information then please reply and i'll do my best to give you an understandfull answer.

PS: My english isn't that good,sorry about that,, hehe ^_^

Take out the newest drive and let your main drive remain in the PC. Boot to it and run the built in Backup utility. Backup to an external drive or network, and then plug in the new drive and restore it. Then you can format the old drive and use it for free space.

Thanks i guess, didnt really see any help on your answer tho.
I wanna keep both as they are, just wanna switch drive "logon".
But if that's the only way i guess i have to try it out.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back