XP Pro Video Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell computer originally came pre-installed with XP Home Edition, and later I replaced my CRT with a DELL 19" LCD, The monitor is normally very bright, smooth cinamanic quality photos and colors looked stunning on my 64MB Nvidia GeForce2 MX/400. I have the standard analog connection to the video card.

I upgraded to XP Pro, and the overall video quality went way down hill! The monitor had weak washed out colors, and it was much dimmer, and the photos were grainy and rather poor looking. I did everything I could to updating the driver, to adjusting the monitor settings. Could not get the quality back.

I then put Home Edition back on my system and cannot believe how much brighter and crisper colors are and the quality of photos are.

What do you think the problem might be?
Should I upgrade my video card to XP Pro can handle it better?

sounds like a driver issue

Can't see any reason why XP pro and XP home might have different drivers for hardware, but your evidence points that way. Unless....try the video card site for updated drivers, but also don't forget that ALL the motherboard drivers must also be re-installed for a new OS. Installing XP pro after XP home will have reset everything to defaults. Double check your M/b drivers too.

This video issue in XP Pro just might be solved. First, I've always done a clean install of XP Pro since I have the full version. This time, for the first time, have decided to install XP Pro the Upgrade Method, and the video did not loose it's quality! Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back