Xp Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, the other day I went to restart my computer and upon restarting it would keep restarting itself. I have not had nay problems before with it. The tower was pretty dusty so I opened and cleaned it out. Initially I thought this was the problem overheating due to all the dust. My power supply is good and memory is good. So after cleaning I stared back up however the computer kept restarting itself. I could not see anything on the screen to get me into windows options, so I took out HD and placed in another computer here I was able to get a screen, I proceeded with F8 booted into safe mode. First I ran a virus scan and spy ware everything was ok. Then I entered msconfig and changed to boot in normal mode. Computer reboots I get the windows XP pro splash but then it just keeps restarting. How do I get to boot into normal mode without the computer rebooting. I also tried system restore in safe mode but nothing worked.
Please help
Thanks Carl

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

Your random crashes could be caused by many possible different things. The best you can do is start troubleshooting all possibilities one at a time.

Follow the link in my signature for "random reboots" and use the troubleshooting guide there.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back