XP won't boot, blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried looking for a solution on this online but I couldn't find anything relevant. I don't know what caused this. I didn't change anything on my machine, neither in hardware nor software. The machine is a S360 Sony Vaio laptop.
Suddenly the machine stops working, everything gets really slow and then I force shutdown the machine. Then every time I try to boot a blue screen flashes on the screen and the machine reboots.
I learn later that this is a "feature" in windows called “automatically reboot the box”. I don't know how to turn this “feature” off if I can't boot the machine.
I tried windows recovery and ran chkdsk and it comes out with unrecoverable data or something after getting to 50% of the drive.
I got a Knoppix live CD and the drive seems to be fine. I can access stuff and run videos from it. Since fsck doesn't have an NTFS extension I can't do disk recovery from Knoppix as you all probably know.
I'm sorry that I don't have an error code, is someone can tell me how to actually capture the error code that would be a great leap forward.
Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back