Yet another problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyker

Edit.

Ok I have eveything working now, minus the computer shutting off during bootup....Keep trying and now it just shuts off as I push the button, other times it makes it past memory test and shuts off as it says detecting IDE drivers

Ok I got it to boot but now while its doing memory test as it starts its shutting off in the middle of it.....and when I skip it, it shuts off

last post for the next hour or so.

Now it boot did memory test, and a message came across saying new CPU detected, wants me to do something with CMOS? So I went into settings by hitting DEL, but computer shuts off during process :|

Just so you know for the future, the odds of someone having read your other thread and remembering it well enough to continue with advice here is slim. You should either post in your initial thread, or, if you decide to start a new thread refresh our memory on the issue(s) related to the current situation.

Have you replaced the CPU with the bent pins?

Try clearing your CMOS via the jumper on your motherboard. If that doesn't work, you may have to perform a BIOS update. Check your current revision and see what CPU's are and aren't supported.

*Edit*

Oh, and rather than post 25 times in a row to yourself, make use of the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post. ;)

lol yes, I did notice after talking to myself there wasn't a timer for editing, sorry about that =D.

Yes, this CPU is my new one, its the exact one I had before, the old one has a few bent pins.

I think I found a pair of jumpers, I push them down and leave the computer off for a little while correct ?

No, you'll need to consult your motherboard's manual for the exact directions on shorting the CMOS for your model, however, it does not involve pushing it down per-say. You'll need to remove it and replace it in a specific manner.

I've giving up just going to return the cpu and go shoot this thing, dont know enough for this and its like pulling teeth to get help from my "friends/family". Oh well I got a laptop ill live.

thanks again for the help, wish I knew a little more.

Quitttterrrr!

:p Don't "shoot" it. Walk away, leave it for a week and one day when you've got some patience, have another go at it :).

aye dont give up man. You cant learn computers without breaking some sh#%. Read the manuals and it will become clear. Also sounds like u might have a memory(ram) problem if it restarts while doing the system check on it. Also could be the motherboard. I would suggest checking each thing in an ordered fashion one at a time and experimenting with each to see if you can get it rolling. When you remove/replace something and then it works or a certain symptom goes away.. congratz ur troubleshooting. Dont be afraid to read something you dont understand either... if you dont get it.. read it anyway.. sometimes it sinks in later or when you hear the topic again you might get more info. This is general and broad but the point is "dont be a chump" the difference between a lamer noob and an aspiring power user is persistance. Good Luck.

Alrite I stoped my boohooing and just woke up from a nap...round 2.

Downloaded a manuel from a few diffrent sites, there showing me waht the jumper is but im not sure, Im just not seeing it...

http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/fullimage.php?image=5694 here is my mobo up close.

Been Googling things left and right, Some stuff ask me to remove the battery for 20mins and let it chill, I removed all my ram expcept one stick, same thing, just shuts down randomly,

I dont get how it runs and gets to the Bios page no problem, then shuts down other times just as I turn it on..

This computer is satanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back