Zero footprint PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, it just needs a proper motherboard and well-planned cooling. Not much room for expansion, though. Reminds me of Commodore 64 times.. :)

Hm... This would be good for POS systems and even a firewall ;) Too bad it doesn't support Tualatins :(

POS?? Not likely.
It's a LAN gamer's dream come true. Think about it!
It would also be excellent for having it on your lap and displaying it through your TV.
I want one! :D

Originally posted by lokem
Too bad it doesn't support Tualatins :(

Those CPUs are so hard to find that even if it did, it wouldn't really be a viable option.

seems a little bit pointless. you can get better performance, smaller footprint, with a laptop.
for fixed installation, its not that hard to hide the case, keyboard , monitor, and add ons are what occupy the space on my desk

personally i think that the idea behind a fixed computer is that its as big and powerful as possible.

I say "big" in terms of its expanded capabilities... physical size is just often a by-product of that. I am all for attempts to make computer components smaller overall..... But size should not be the limiting factor in the fixed home system.

but we live in times of things like workstation RAID, and SMP workstation motherboards.... computers should be even more expansive and powerful if they are in a fixed location. they should be the server that is the centre of the digital home.

the laptop, on the other hand, can continue to get smaller, lighter, etc....

I have one of those :D :grinthumb

Oh wait a minute... :confused:
Its just a cordless keyboard and cordless optical mouse ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back