Call their phones. Call their PCs.
Call your friends' mobile or landline phones.* It's affordable, both within the US and internationally. And calling someone's PC is always free.
See them on the screen
Show and tell: Grab a webcam and start a video conversation within minutes.
Set up a Sharing Folder with a friend. Drop in photos and other stuff, as many as your computer can handle. See your Sharing Folder even when one of you is offline.
Now: Talk to your Yahoo! friends, too
The world's largest IM network has just gotten bigger---and better. With Windows Live Messenger you can now connect with your Yahoo! IM contacts. Forget about using multiple accounts to talk to your friends---IM them all with Windows Live Messenger.
- Computer and processor: Multimedia PC Pentium 233 MHz process (500 MHz recommended)
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP
- Memory: Minimum 128 MB of RAM (256 MB recommended)
- Hard disk: Up to 50 MB of hard disk space for installation, 15 MB to run the program
- Display: Minimum 800 x 600 screen resolution
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 SP1 or later must be installed on your computer, though it does not need to be your default.
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access (provided separately). Local or long-distance charges may apply.