Featuring an easy-to-use interface, Drive Genius is packed with powerful tools such as a drive optimizer, a comprehensive repair facility for analyzing, repairing and rebuilding volumes, plus excellent testing capabilities with media surface scanning, performance benchmarking and data integrity checking.
It can be used to initialize drives, create and delete partitions, and erases them securely as per Department of Defense's standard. Drive Genius can also hide partitions and duplicate volumes or drives swiftly.
Last but not least, Drive Genius features advanced tools for resizing and moving of volumes without reformatting, and sports a sector editing tool to modify the data on any sector of the drive powerful features that will satisfy even the seasoned Mac experts.
- Duplicate - Fast and easy volume or entire drive cloning.
- Integrity Check - Find problems before they find you with these comprehensive hardware verification tests
- Repair - Quickly fix corruption on OS X volume structures to get your damaged drive up and running fast
- Rebuild - Rebuild and replace OS X volume structures to regain access to files that have become lost or hidden
- Verify - Check OS X volume structures for possible corruption
- Fix Permissions - Reset OS X boot volume permissions to improve application performance and compatibility
- SMART Status - Read and display SMART diagnostic codes from your hard drive to avoid dangerous hardware failures
- Defragment - Get the most speed and efficiency possible by Optimizing your OS X volumes
- Benchtest - Make sure your hard drive performance is what it should be with comprehensive speed tests and graphical comparisons to other common configurations
- Surface Scan - Verify your hard drive's reliability with a complete suite of non*destructive read verification tests for any drive or OS X volume
- Sector Editor - Fine tune all aspects of your system with direct, advanced byte viewing and editing of all data on your drives, volumes and files (for expert users only)
- Partition - Add, delete, hide, expand or shrink OS X partitions so you can organize your data more efficiently
- Shred - Stop prying eyes with DoD compliant (5220.22 - m) secure erase. Removes all traces of data from free space and deleted files on any device or OS X volume
- Details - In depth report of specifications and space utilization of all devices and OS X volumes
- Initialize - Easy, high level OS X formatting to prepare new hard drives for use on your computer.
- Malware Scan is free to all users.
- Update malware scan engine to version 0.103.2.
- Support [Set Icon] / [Remove Icon] on APFS startup drive.
- Support Secure Erase with Initialization on APFS drives.
- Show "Complete" info after Secure Erase and Malware Scan.
- Exclude AppleAPFSMedia drives without user volumes from UI.
- Exclude Apple M1 system volumes from UI ("ISC", "Recovery").
- Fix System Information window layout on Big Sur.
- Fix corrupt/garbled text in help popups on Big Sur.
- Fix malware database not updating (mirror-sync issue).
- Fix application does not restart during install.
- Fix invalid info after adding/removing volumes.