Cocktail gives you access to hidden features of your disks, system, files, network and interface.
It is a smooth, powerful and simple to use utility with all major features arranged in five basic categories and a "Pilot" that lets you maintain your system with one click of the button.
- Enable or disable journaling.
- Repair disk permissions.
- Set disk spindown time.
- Prebind and re-prebind entire system or selected folder.
- Run cron scripts.
- Change startup mode and language.
- Modify sleep settings.
- Force empty trash.
- Rebuild Launch Services database.
- Update whatis and locate databases.
- Delete locked or inaccessible items.
- Delete invisible DS Store files.
- Clean system, user and Internet caches.
- View, rotate, print and save logs.
- Create symbolic links.
- Recreate Mac OS 9 Desktop alias.
- Lock or unlock files and folders.
- Change speed, duplex and MTU.
- Optimize network settings for eight most common types of connections or apply the custom optimization.
- Configure the Mac OS X file server.
- Customize look and features of Finder, Dock and login window.
- Modify hidden settings of Exposé, Mail, Safari and other applications.
- Easily optimize your system.
- Schedule maintenance tasks.
Cocktail adds ability to search and delete corrupted preference files, adds a searchable database of Mac OS system error codes, adds a list of commonly used network ports, improves the clear log files procedure and fixes a number of minor bugs discovered in the previous release.