Malware and installed programs can modify your default settings. With Tweaking.com - Windows Repair you can restore Windows original settings.
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair can do the following:
- Reset Registry Permissions
- Reset File PeEnter your zip code herermissions
- Register System Files
- Repair WMI
- Repair Windows Firewall
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Repair MDAC & MS Jet
- Repair Hosts File
- Remove Policies Set By Infections
- Repair Icons
- Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
- Remove Temp Files
- Repair Proxy Settings
- Unhide Non System Files
- Repair Windows Updates
- Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working
- and more...
Using Tweaking.com - Windows Repair:
When you first run the program you will be introduced to 4 steps before the repair options. These steps are highly recommend to do before attempting any repairs.
Step 1. Clean Your System Of Infections.
Trying to fix a system that is currently infected is obviously a very bad idea and can make things worse. An infection can hijack a machine and keep part of the repairs from running correctly. Since only part of a repair will work the other part that failed could end up causing problems. Rule of thumb before working on a system is to make sure it is clean. Even if you think your system is clean doing a scan before hand is a good idea.
Step 2. Check File System
Doing a check disk on the hard drive is a good idea. This will have Windows check the file system on the drive fixing any problem it finds. Corrupt files can break a lot of things, including the repairs. So making sure the file system is good is a must.
Step 3. System File Check (SFC)
The built in Windows system file checker is a tool that checks that the Windows files are intact, the correct versions and not corrupted. This is a good idea to do before doing repairs as if a file is corrupt and we try a repair that needs that file then the repair will fail.
Step 4. System Restore
Doing a system restore point is a great idea to do before doing any repairs. If any unforeseen problems happen after any repair than a system restore can put the system back to the way it was before the repairs. This is highly recommended.
In this final step you can choose between 3 modes.
- Basic Mode: This will run only the most basic, safe repair options. Extra advanced repairs are disabled.
- Advanced Mode: Runs more advanced repairs while leaving a few disabled.
- Custom Mode: Every repair is available. The program will remember your repair choices the next time you choose custom mode.
- Fixed bug with repair wmi not exporting out the antivirus info for the security center.
- Fixed bug in repair wmi not running needed commands in windows 10.
- Fixed Repair Volume Shadow Copy asking for a yes to stop the service and holding up the repair.
- Updated default registry and file permissions for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 as of Aug 8th 2017.
- Bug fixes and changes reported by users.
- v3 pro users will still have all the pro features from v3 unlocked and only the new v4 pro features will be locked and the program will give them the option of upgrading to v4 pro at a discount. This will update your key to work with v4 so no new key is needed.
- Updated the tray icon program with more tools and options and the ability to reboot into safe mode right from the tray icon.
- User interface and controls have all been redone and updated. The program better supports high dpi systems.
- Added a new help file that has help on every section in the program.
- Updated a lot of repairs, also increasing the speed of the repairs.
- Added a new repairs preset feature, you can easily choose a preset to choose which repairs to run.
- Added a new pro feature where you can create your own custom repair presets.
- Added new pro feature where you can backup and restore permissions. (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, Windows Firewall Cleanup. (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, Missing Package Files - Reg Cleanup. (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, Unhide Hidden Files. (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, Restore Default Printer Ports. (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, TrustedInstaller (Owner/Permissions). (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, Run As System Account. (More info in the help file)
- Added new pro feature, Windows Services (Advanced). (More info in the help file)
- The system tweaks pro feature has been redone.
- Many, many bug fixes, changes and improvements across the entire program.
Apps similar to Tweaking.com Windows Repair 3
Tools to help you fix, repair, optimize and tune up your computer.
Toolwiz Care is a free tool set designed to speed up your PC and give your system full care.
You already know how AVG can protect you online. Now we take that expertise one step further by fixing problems that slow you down.