Using doPDF you can create searchable PDF files by selecting the "Print" command from virtually any application. With one click you can convert your Microsoft Excel, Word or PowerPoint documents or your emails and favorite web sites to PDF files. doPDF5.0 installs itself as a virtual printer driver so after a successful installation will appear in your Printers and Faxes list. To create PDF files, you just have to print your documents to the doPDF pdf converter. Open a document (with Microsoft Word, WordPad, NotePad or any other software), choose Print and select doPDF. It will ask you where to save the PDF file and when finished, the PDF file will be automatically opened in your default PDF viewer. doPDF is free for both personal and commercial use. To install doPDF you need Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server or Windows Vista and approximately 5MB of free disk space. It doesn't require Adobe Acrobat or GhostScript to be installed to generate the pdf file.
- No Ghostscript - doesn’t require 3rd party programs to create PDF files (like Ghostscript)
- Customizable resolution - choose any resolution from 72 dpi to 2400 dpi
- Predefined/custom page sizes - choose a default page size (like Letter, Legal, A4, A5, A6, ...) or enter your own custom page size
- Searchable PDFs - you can search for text within the generated PDF file (and search engines will also index the text from the PDF)
- Multilanguage support - choose a language for the user interface
- Fix: Printing Preferences dialog correction
- Fix: Manage Forms dialog correction