The player supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. Most important thing is that we're completely free, 0 spyware, 0 ads and no user tracking. It has a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QuickTime and/or Real Player); built-in MPEG2/SVCD/DVD codec. Media Player Classic was created and is currently maintained by a programmer named "Gabest". This is a mod of Media Player Classic design for home cinema usage.
Watch movies on any SSE CPU, even on your old computer back from '99. With its wide array of options, MPC-HC can be customized to fit almost any needs. Among other things we added custom toolbars. MPC-HC can also be used as DVB player.
Note: The original MPC-HC was abandoned by developers in 2017 but this version carries on the legacy.
- Changed default setting for subtitle texture resolution. This change only affects playback on screens with 4K resolution. In that case subtitles are now rendered at 1080p resolution (and then scaled to final size). This improves performance on such systems. You can of course change the setting to 4k if you prefer slightly sharper subtitles.
- Some improvements related to the youtube-dl support.
- Added support for downloading subtitles for streams extracted by youtube-dl. You can specify desired subtitle language(s) here: Options > Advanced
- Strips html tags when found in SRT subtitles.
- Added prompt when enabling OpenSubtitle option, mentioning than an account is required on their website.
- Removed SubDB subtitle provider. Their site has been offline for a long time.
- Removed obsolete RealMedia and QuickTime frameworks. These were only available in 32-bit builds, and were already not used by default anymore for a long time. Now such files are always played using the internal DirectShow codecs.
- Fixed issue where recent file list could get cleared when opening a file with a very long path.
- Several other small fixes and improvements.
Software similar to Media Player Classic Home Cinema 11
Media Player Classic BE looks just like Windows Media Player, but has many additional features.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
With Zoom Player Home FREE, you can start exploring the most powerful media player for the Windows PC now.
Player with high quality playback, support for wide range of media files and it is low in CPU and memory consumption. Now available for Android.
More similar downloads