Chances are if you have been using a computer, you have ran into one or more of the following messages:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
These are very common messages that occur when attempting to delete files that a particular malware infection put onto your system. Malwarebytes is all too familiar with these messages, which is why we created FileASSASSIN.
FileASSASSIN is an application that can delete any type of locked files that are on your computer. Whether the files are from a malware infection or just a particular file that will not delete - FileASSASSIN can remove it. The program uses advanced programming techniques to unload modules, close remote handles, and terminate processes to remove the particular locked file. Please use with caution as deleting critical system files may cause system errors. Usage
Simply download FileASSASSIN from one of the links below. If you selected the portable build, simply unzip and run the application, otherwise run the installer provided. Start FileASSASSIN and select a file by dragging it onto the text area or select it using the (...) button. Next, select a removal method from the list. Finally, click Execute and the removal process will commence.
- Start FileASSASSIN and select a file by dragging it onto the text area or selecting it using the (...) button.
- Select a removal method from the list
- Click Execute and the removal process will commence
Warning: Please use caution with FileASSASSIN as deleting critical system files may cause system errors.