smcFanControl lets the user set the minimum speed of the built-in fans, so you can increase your minimum fan speed to make your Mac run cooler. However in order not to damage your machines smcFanControl doesn't let you set a minimum speed to a value below Apple's factory defaults.
smcFanControl 2.6 adds the following features/bugfixes:
- New: Added french localization
- New: Updated sparkle updater
- New: smcFanControl now requires macOS 10.7 or higher
- Fixed: Crash on Macbook 12″
- Fixed: Invisible text on macOS Sierra “Dark mode”
Software similar to smcFanControl for Mac 3
SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips.
Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint, yet powerful program to monitor processor temperature and other vital information.
Fan Control is a highly customizable fan controlling software for Windows.