smcFanControl lets the user set the minimum speed of the built-in fans, so you can increase your minimum fan speed to make your Mac run cooler. However in order not to damage your machines smcFanControl doesn't let you set a minimum speed to a value below Apple's factory defaults.
smcFanControl 2.6 adds the following features/bugfixes:
- New: Added french localization
- New: Updated sparkle updater
- New: smcFanControl now requires macOS 10.7 or higher
- Fixed: Crash on Macbook 12″
- Fixed: Invisible text on macOS Sierra "Dark mode"
Software similar to smcFanControl for Mac 3
Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint, yet powerful program to monitor processor temperature and other vital information.
Free program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips.
Fan Control is a highly customizable fan controlling software for Windows.