Note: Sweet Home 3D installer is available under two versions, both bundled with a private copy of Java:
- A free version available here bundled with 100 pieces of furniture and 26 textures
- A paid version available on the Microsoft Store, automatically updated and bundled with 1500 pieces of furniture and 418 textures.
Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom...
Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings. While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts and show the North direction with a compass rose.
Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Managed the selection toggling of an item in the furniture list without losing the selection of other items in the plan.
- Optimized the cache management of the furniture top views in the plan for similar furniture.
- Fixed the location of the top view of a piece of furniture in its selection rectangle at large zoom factors.
- Used more precise text widths to correctly align multi line texts.
- Fixed how the application is displayed in languages oriented from right to left.
- Fixed wrong parsing of some math expressions when the selected length unit is not cm.
- Fixed 3D offscreen rendering under Windows when setting Z-buffer depth size is not supported.
- Removed wall parts under openings higher than the top of a trapezoidal wall.
- Added support for mirrors on hinge and rail with the sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ / sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_rail_ new shape prefixes.
- Accepted spaces in the texture image path of map_Kd items in MTL files.
- Added information about the memory used by the program in About dialog box.
- Improved the user interface of the Furniture Library Editor and Textures Library Editor when used with HiDPI screens under Windows and Linux.
- Added a macOS application bundled with Oracle Java 8 in the portable version.
- Replaced JRE 8u181 by JRE 8u202 in Sweet Home 3D installers bundled with Java.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.