Dr.Web LiveCD will clean your computer of infected and suspicious files, help you copy important information to a removable data storage device or another computer, and then attempt to cure infected objects.
How it works:
- Download the Dr.Web LiveCD image.
- Write the image onto a CD/DVD. If you use Nero Burning ROM, do the following:
- insert a blank CD/DVD into the CD/DVD burner,
- Go to the File menu and select Open
- Navigate to the saved image file and select it
- Press Burn and wait for the burning process to complete.
- Make sure that the CD/DVD drive or any other device with Dr.Web LiveCD is set as the first boot device. Adjust corresponding BIOS settings if necessary. If necessary, change the BIOS boot settings.
- When booting from Dr.Web LiveCD, you will see a dialogue window prompting you to choose between the standard and advanced boot modes.
- Use the arrow keys to select the boot mode and press [Enter]:
- To run Dr.Web LiveCD in the graphical mode with the English interface language, select English
- To boot Dr.Web LiveCD in the advanced mode (use snapshots and the console mode), select Advanced Mode
- Select Start Local HDD, if you wish to boot from the hard drive rather than from Dr.Web LiveCD (this item is selected by default and will be used if you do not make a selection within 15 seconds)
- Select Testing Memory to launch the Memtest86+ utility
- If you select Dr.Web LiveCD (English or Russian), the operating system will automatically detect and mount all the partitions on your hard drive and set up a connection to the network, if possible. After that you will see a familiar desktop with icons for basic applications and the Start button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you boot Dr.Web LiveCD in the graphical mode, the Dr.Web Control Center for Linux \ will be launched automatically.
- Select Settings in the Start menu to switch between Openbox colour schemes, customize the desktop, etc.
- Once the Dr.Web Control Center for Linux is launched, click Scanner, Then select the scan mode (Full or Custom). If you have chosen Custom scan, tick the drives or folders that you want to check. After selecting drives and folders, click on the Start scan button.
- If you wish to automatically fix the Windows Registry, corrupted by malware, select Start -> Cure Registry. The utility will automatically detect the registry's location, perform a set of standard tests and make corrections if necessary.
- You can create a full copy of Dr.Web LiveCD that will be booted from a USB flash drive. Go to Start -> Utility -> Create LiveUSB.
- You can contact Doctor Web's technical support for additional help by filling out the form on the company's website
- You can search and copy important information with the Midnight Commander file manager
- If network access can't be configured automatically, you can do it manually. Open Start -> Settings -> Networks Configuration.