You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for another operating system/computer - by using command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.
Supported Products List:
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Doesn't work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Doesn't work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Doesn't work with all types of licenses)
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Only ProductID is displayed)
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Visual Studio
- Some of the Adobe and Autodesk products.
- Added 'Office Product Name Extraction Mode' option, which controls the way that the product name of MS-Office is extarcted from the Registry:
- 'Prefer the product name from Uninstall Registry key' - ProduKey tries to extract the product name from the Uninstall Registry entry, like it did until version 1.85
- 'Prefer the product name from Office Registry key' - ProduKey first tries to extract the product name from 'ProductNameNonQualified' and 'ConvertToEdition' Registry values, like it did starting from version 1.86
- When running produkey.exe, Some Antivirus programs displays an alert and/or block you from running it. Click here to read more about false alerts in Antivirus programs
- If your Antivirus software shows a false alert, you can use the following article that explains how to send a report about a false positive issue to your Antivirus company:
- How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors
- For some types of license keys under Windows 7/8/2008, the product key is not stored in the Registry, and thus 'Product key was not found' message will be displayed.
- If you bought your computer with installed operating system, you may find the Windows product key appeared in ProduKey utility is different from the product key on your Windows CD. This problem is mostly reported with Dell computers.
- From unknown reason, the product key of Visual Stuido .NET is written in the Registry as Office XP product...
- In old versions of Office (Office 2000 and below), the 'Product Key' value is not available.
Apps similar to ProduKey 4
Find your Windows product key with ShowKeyPlus.Applies to Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Newer PCs and laptops shipping with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 no longer come with a Certificate of Authenticity attached to the back or bottom of the PC. Instead, PC manufacturers have worked with Microsoft to embed the product key directly into the BIOS or EFI.
The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install windows from your registry.