By offering surround sound positioning and special sound effects on a per user, per channel, per server or global configuration level the program provides each user the option to fully customize exactly how they wish to hear sounds from other users or events.
Ventrilo is best known for it's superior sound quality and minimal use of CPU resources so as not to interfere with day to day operations of the computer or during online game competitions. It is also preferred for the simple user interface that any first time computer user can very quickly learn because the most commonly used features are immediately visible and can be activated with a single click of the mouse.
- Voice communication with multiple people.
- Cross channel communications.
- Phantom users for listening in on other channels.
- User-to-user private conversations.
- Individual channels that can be created dynamically.
- Sub channels.
- Muted channels.
- Queued channels.
- Channel transmit time limits.
- Channel client limits.
- Channel feature filtering.
- Password protected server login and channels.
- Advanced channel control options and filters.
- Individual admin passwords for channels.
- Text-to-speech (TTS) voice generation.
- Key binding to execute special program functions, play wave files, send TTS messages.
- Separate phonetic spelling of user and channel names for proper TTS.
- Built in chat similar to IRC.
- Users can enter dynamic comments for all other users to see.
- User assigned names for server connections. No need to remember IP numbers.
- Wave file or TTS event notifications for program events.
- Remote administration of server features and current users.
- Remote administration of persistent server properties.
- Mute Microphone and Mute Sound with key binds for both.
- User adjustable sound effects.
- Persistent mute states for specific users on a given server.
- Persistent channel admin passwords.
- Persistent special effects including surround sound for users, channels, servers, global.
- Built in server browser.
- Ability to record and playback voice streams. Great for watching demos with associated voice comms.
- Voice activation or Press-to-talk transmission modes.
- Binds to change channels or cycle through all available channels.
- Multiple platform support for servers.
- Multiple platform support for clients.
- Servers are now ready and supported on 64bit platforms.
- The clients and servers do NOT contain any Ad Ware or Spy Ware features.
- Ability to restrict server admin features. Useful for hosting services.
- Server specified codec's to control voice quality and bandwidth usage.
- User customization of display modes.
- User customization of user list icons and toolbar icons.
- Clients will soon support *NIX platforms.
- Portable cross platform server.
Ventrilo is comprised of two primary Components: The Client that every end user will need to download, and the Server. Only one person needs to host a Server that all of the other Clients will connect to. Ventrilo is supported on different platforms as well ranging from Microsoft Windows to Apple Macintosh and Linux.
Each of the following links will take you to a unique download page for the specified product. You can use these links on your web site in order to make downloading the client easier for your users, or you can link directly to this page so that they may see all of the available files.
Version 3.0.0 introduces more user control of how the main window is displayed. You can turn on and off the title bar, display the large buttons on the right or switch to toolbar mode with icons on the top to maximize the usable width of the window. Extended mode which hides the User Name, Server and Bindings options. Turn on and off grid lines in the user list window. You can also customize the user list window icons and toolbar icons.
All of these changes still keep the most commonly used features at your finger tips by means of a single click of the mouse. No need to navigate clunky multi-stage menu options just send a comment to the other users.
Version 3.0.0 is now compliant with the Microsoft XP Themes User Interface.
Software similar to Ventrilo 3
Crystal-clear cross-platform voice communication. A gamers' favorite.
Mumble is an open source, low-latency, high quality voice chat software primarily intended for use while gaming.
The most comprehensive gaming communications platform. Ever.