Open Broadcaster Software 27.1.1
Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
Similar to 4
Share your gaming, art and entertainment with the world.
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
- Windows: Added Virtual Camera, allowing you to use the OBS output as a camera in other apps on your computer. Support for other operating systems will be added in future versions when they're ready [Jim]
- Added a Source Toolbar to allow easy access to relevant controls for the currently selected source. The toolbar can be toggled via the View Menu -> Source Toolbar [DDRBoxman/Jim/cg2121]
- Added media controls to allow controlling playback of media/VLC sources on the source toolbar when a media source, VLC source, or slideshow source is selected [cg2121]
- Added a new noise suppression method to the Noise Suppression filter, RNNoise, which is an AI-based noise suppression method with significantly better results for voice than the pre-existing method (Speex) [remjay]
- Added the ability to take screenshots of the previews, sources, or scenes with hotkeys [cg2121]
- Added a log viewer when going to the Help menu -> Logs -> View Log menu item [cg2121]
- Added a percentage toggle checkbox to the volume controls in advanced audio properties [cg2121]
- Added more audio capture support for BSD operating systems [khng300]
- Added the option to disable antialiasing for text sources [Codex-]
- Added a right-click context menu option to projectors to make a specific projector always on top of other windows [Bennik2000]
- QSV Encoder: Improved performance when running OBS on an Intel GPU and simplified various options [brittneysclark]
- The cursor will now change to reflect your action (dragging edges or sources) when editing items in the preview [WizardCM]
- Improved the interface of transitions dock [cg2121]
- Increased the update rate of the level meters in the audio mixer from 30Hz to 60Hz for improved smoothness and responsiveness [dodgepong]
- Media sources using remote URLs will now automatically try to reconnect when disconnected [Yohox]
- Added a "Defaults" button to the script dialog to reset script properties to defaults [cg2121]
- Added a right-click context menu when clicking on scripts to allow opening the script file location or reloading specific scripts [WizardCM]
- The auto-configuration dialog will now use standard/common resolutions when selecting what resolution you'd like to use [cg2121]
- 709 is now the default YUV colorpsace
- The VLC source's playlist property can now be reordered by dragging and dropping items within it [cg2121]
- Projectors associated with specific monitors will now be deleted when the monitor is disconnected from the system [cg2121]
- You can now use slashes in the recording name format and prefix prefixes/suffixes to automatically create directories when recording or making replays [Jim]
- Improved performance and accuracy of the LUT filter [jpark37]
- The default audio sample rate is now 48khz instead of 44.1khz [e00E]
- NVENC: Added a more friendly warning that will show up if you are using an outdated NVIDIA driver [notr1ch]
- Windows: The program will now show a list of command line options in a dialog box if started with the --help or -h command line parameters [WizardCM]
- macOS: Added support for several more virtual audio drivers to be selected as desktop audio capture devices in audio settings [pkv]
- Image sources will no longer check for changes or try to load an image while hidden [notr1ch]
- The minimum canvas resolution is now 8x8 to prevent issues where this could be rounded to zero causing OBS to fail to start [notr1ch]
- The settings window can now be closed with the ESC key [Bennik2000]
- macOS window capture no longer shows windows which aren't relevant to capture [timmiehaha]
- Windows: Fixed an issue where loss of certain devices could cause a crash with window capture [jpark37]
- Windows: Fixed a bug where an inactive UWP app (such as Calculator) could be selected for window capture, but would still fail to capture even after being unminimized [jpark37]
- Windows: Fixed a flaw where capturing Chrome-based programs with Window Capture might fall back and capture other Chrome-based programs unintentionally [jpark37]
- Windows: Fixed the auto updater always launching OBS as administrator after a successful update [notr1ch]
- Windows: The auto updater now works correctly if the OBS user and administrator user are different accounts [notr1ch]
- Linux: Fixed an issue where the browser source could crash when browsing files [cg2121]
- Linux: Fixed an issue with "always on top" sometimes not working with projectors [cg2121]
- Linux: Fixed an issue where cameras using V4L2 would not respond correctly to pan/tilt controls [ioangogo]
- Linux: Fixed an issue where a user's preferred language could not be detected correctly [khng300]
- macOS: Fixed an issue where "always on top" windows would not always be on top [jtopper]
- macOS: Fixed an issue where certain prompts didn't have a default action for keyboard users [unknowndomain]
- macOS: Fixed a memory leak which could cause a crash after extended use [jpark37]
- macOS: Fixed an issue where resizing a multiview window could cause a crash [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug where pressing the rename shortcut while editing a scene name would reset the edit state [RytoEX]
- Fixed a bug where the system tray icon could appear even though it was disabled in settings [Programatic]
- Fixed a bug where you could get two save confirmation dialogs in a row when exiting the filter/properties [Jim]
- Fixed various bugs and stability issues with Vulkan capture [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug where starting recording or the replay buffer could resize the main window [cg2121]
- Fixed a bug where media sources hotkeys would not work correctly in Studio Mode's preview [cg2121]
- Fixed an issue that allowed "Paste (Duplicate)" for scene sources, resulting in strange bugs [exeldro]
- Fixed an issue where the volume meters in the audio mixer would appear to be clipping when docks were moved [WizardCM]
- Fixed an issue where the right edge of certain JPEG and movie files could be incorrectly rendered [jpark37]
- Fixed an issue where groups would not be selected/deselected correctly [cg2121]
- Fixed a hang that could occur when streaming with certain streaming services (caused by certain RTMP status values) [eric]
- Fixed an issue where scene collections which used similar names with different symbols could overwrite one another [RytoEx]
- Fixed a bug where CoreAudio audio encoder would not work with 4.0 audio correctly [pkv]
- Fixed a crash when a hotkey to play/pause was used on a media source with an invalid or blank file [exeldro]
- Fixed a bug where the "Start Streaming" button could become blank under certain circumstances [WizardCM]
- Fixed a bug where a changed theme get stuck if the user exited the settings dialog with the [x] button rather than the OK/Cancel buttons [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where filters would be deleted on sources that had their plugins removed [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where hotkeys could repeat when held down [cg2121]
- Fixed a bug where unnamed sources would show up in the hotkeys settings [Scrxtchy]
- Fixed a bug where services wouldn't be ordered properly when showing all services [Jim]
- Fixed an issue where the automatic scene switcher tool wouldn't detect some windows [adalessa]
- Fixed a bug where the Stats dock would steal focus from the main window [Bennik2000]
- Fixed a tearing issue for certain codecs (such as ProRes) when using FFmpeg output [ePirat]
- Fixed a bug with the SRT output to make it compliant with ETR 290 Level 1 recommendations (rewrite of srt output) [pkv]
- Fixed a bug where the last frame of a media source could be visible briefly when restarting playback [notr1ch]
- Fixed a bug where you could not capture programs using executable names beginning with "time" [notr1ch]
- Fixed a crash with certain AJA devices [Jim]
- Fixed a memory leak when dragging and dropping stuff on to OBS to create sources [cg2121]
- Fixed a memory leak and crash on shutdown when scenes were reordered [Programatic]
- Fixed the script_path() script function causing memory corruption [PerHeed]
- Fixed camera controls on Linux video devices not working [Nathan-Huckleberry]
Fast servers and clean downloads. Tested on TechSpot Labs. Here's why you can trust us.
Software similar to Open Broadcaster Software 4
More than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia gives you the tools you need to truly customize and edit your videos.
- Free to Try
The Bandicam program makes it possible to record a certain area on a PC screen, or on a program that uses the DirectX/OpenGL graphic technologies.
- Free to Try
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer.
More similar downloads