- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
- Fixed a potential anti-virus false-positive with game capture that was happening with 0.62b
- Clarified some text about the anti-cheat option (basically, don't use it unless the game has anti-cheat protection because otherwise it can flag a false-positive as well, which is INCREDIBLY annoying)
- Made it so you cannot assign left/right mouse buttons as hotkeys (listen, I know that some people are going to disagree with this, but it's causing some serious problems for new users. They accidentally click the mouse in the box and then don't realize they set a hotkey to their mouse button, and then say "why is this action occuring every time I click my mouse?" ..Please, find a different key/button to use or put it in the ini file manually)
- Use safer hooks so that using other hook programs doesn't cause the target game crash with game capture (vulture)
- Add optional 'safe' game capture hooks for anti-cheat compatibility (Jim)
- Implement an 'optimize' button in publish settings (Palana)
- Fix a lot of bugs (Palana & R1CH)
- Fix invalid log generation (Palana)
- Fix audio mute threshold (R1CH)
- Fix 'defaults' button behavior in advanced (paibox)
- Fix mono audio (Jim)
- Add a fast experimental windows 7 monitor capture method in game capture (homeworld)
- Added some more important logging info, especially things like logging what game capture is trying to hook to, and logging audio sync offsets (Jim)
- Renamed 'audio time offset' to 'audio sync offset' so users actually know specifically what it is (Jim)
- Fix an issue with game capture where the mouse cursor wouldn't always show up after updating its settings (Homeworld)
- Reduce the minimum allowable reconnect timeout to 0 (Jim)
- Remove 'use input devices for desktop audio' and make it so it can only be used via ini file. If you need to use it, then enable it in your profile ini file in %appdata%\obs\profiles, under [Audio], InputDevicesForDesktopSound=1 -- we are not going to provide an option in the UI for this because people kept enabling it without know what they were doing.
Apps similar to Open Broadcaster Software 4
More than a simple screen recorder, Camtasia gives you the tools you need to truly customize and edit your videos.
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer.
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with all games using DirectX or OpenGL technology.