Tweaking.com - Envelope Printer is a program I made for myself by decided to put it on Tweaking.com for free and available for everyone.
Each month when I have to pay bills I hate having to write out the envelopes (I am not lazy, my hand actually hurts when I handwrite). So I wanted to be able to print them out as I need them and have the addresses I choose. While I could have custom ordered envelopes I decided why not just print out my own and save money from having to order custom ones?
So I made Tweaking.com - Envelope Printer. Not only will it save and store all the addresses you want but it can even print out a picture along side your return address for a added personal touch to the envelopes. In this case my company logo.
So now when I pay bills and need an envelope I put an envelope in my printer, then open the program, load the address and hit print.
While I could have used MS Office Word and other 3rd party programs to print out envelopes, I wanted something that was far easier to use and that required a heck of a lot less mouse clicks to get the job done. The program remembers your settings, so once all ready to go you can open the program, open the address book, choose the address hit use this address and the click print. 4 mouse clicks and you are done :-)
- Fixed bug where the program wouldn't open and would give an error that it couldn't load a push button. This was due to a bug in the controls I use and is now fixed.
- Updated and replaced many controls in the program.
- Change the default icon of the program.
- Added new favorites menu to the envelope sizes. This allows a user to choose between the envelopes they use the most much faster.
- Fixed bug where the wrong printer would be selected when opening the program.
- Added option to choose which address book folder to save new address to.
- Added option to auto close the address book when choosing an address to use.
- Many more changes, fixes, and improvements.