If you have a Raspberry Pi this is the official operating system for you. Raspberry Pi OS is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi OS is a free operating system based on Debian, optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. Raspberry Pi OS comes with over 35,000 packages: precompiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi OS is a community project under active development, with an emphasis on improving the stability and performance of as many Debian packages as possible.
- PulseAudio now included and running by default
- Bluealsa Bluetooth interface removed
- Bluetooth audio is now handled by PulseAudio
- LXPanel volume control plugin replaced with PulseAudio version
- Version 84.0.4147.105 of Chromium web browser included
- Version 3.3.0 of Thonny included
- Version 22.214.171.1243 of Flash player included - note that this will be the final release of Flash, as it is end-of-lifed at the end of 2020
- CUPS printer system included, along with system-config-printer CUPS GUI and HP printer drivers
- raspi-config menu structure rearranged to match Raspberry Pi Configuration tabs
- Control for GPIO-connected fans added to raspi-config and Raspberry Pi Configuration
- Control for power / activity LED on Pi 400 and Pi Zero added to raspi-config and Raspberry Pi Configuration
- Improved screen reader voice prompts in several applications
- Added ctrl-alt-space shortcut to install Orca screen reader at any point
- Low voltage warnings added to battery monitor plugin
- Magnifier plugin zoom can now be changed with scroll wheel when pointer is over icon
- Change to notification popups - now will only close when clicked on directly, not by clicking anywhere
- Bookshelf now made compatible with translated versions of books and magazines, and will offer translated versions where available, based on system language setting
- Bug fix - crash in CPU temperature plugin when throttling detection fails
- Bug fix - if Orca is running, shutdown commands and shutdown dialog will force kill it to prevent it locking up the reboot or shutdown process
- Various additional language translations added
- Various minor bug fixes and UI tweaks
- Raspberry Pi firmware b324aea801f669b6ab18441f970e74a5a7346684
- Linux kernel 5.4.79
Software similar to Raspberry Pi OS 7
Download the latest version of the Linux operating system.
Kali Linux is an advanced penetration testing Linux distribution used for penetration testing, ethical hacking and network security assessments. Official images hosted by us for faster downloads.
Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity on any computer.