Samsung Smart Switch is an easy-to-use tool for transferring content from other smartphones to Samsung mobile devices.
Seamless, Time-saving Content Transfer
Other content transfer tools are time consuming. Smart Switch offers a simple, do-it-yourself migration tool that you can install at home. With Smart Switch, you can transfer your personal data, media and apps with one service, without having to use multiple tools.
With Smart Switch’s easy-to-use, intuitive content transfer tool, you have the freedom to switch from other smartphone platforms without fear of losing your personal content. You can transfer personal content and apps from the comfort of your own home and at your own time.
Maintain Control of Your Lifestyle
Most people are unaware of the universe of apps available on Samsung smartphones. For example, there are more than 700,000 apps available on Google Play. Within this large universe of apps, Smart Switch helps you find your favorite apps so that you do not have to search for them individually. Smart Switch gives you the peace of mind that your apps have been transferred.
Free Content Transfer Service, Easy Download
Just Download, Click and Go: Smart Switch is up and running in seconds, allowing you to transfer content easily and with no cost or fees.
Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy phone with fast and easy content transfer
Smart Switch Mobile offers you the easiest, fastest and safest way to transfer data from your old to new Galaxy smartphone. You can transfer content such as music, video, photos, memos, messages, contacts, calendar and other documents stored in your phone.
- Galaxy S7/S8 owners: Tap [Settings] > [Cloud and accounts] > [Smart Switch] to open Smart Switch Mobile. Smart Switch Mobile is already preloaded on Galaxy S7/S8 device.
Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play.
Who can transfer?
- Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher
- Wireless transfers from a compatible Android device to Galaxy device: Android 4.0 or higher (Galaxy device must support a ‘Mobile AP’ function to allow content to be transferred.)
- Wired transfer: Android 4.3 or higher, charger cable, and a USB connector
iOS owners - use the option that’s best for you:
- Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), and a USB connector
- Import from iCloud: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
- PC/Mac transfer using iTunes: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
- Wireless transfers: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 (Mobile AP)
- Wired transfer from your BlackBerry device to your Galaxy: BlackBerry OS 7 or 10 for transfers via USB connector
Windows Mobile owners
- Wireless transfers: Windows OS 8.1 or 10
- Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
What can be transferred?
- Contacts, calendar(Device content only), messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi, wallpapers, documents, app data (Galaxy devices only), home layouts (Galaxy devices only)
- You can send app data and home layouts by upgrading your Galaxy device to M OS (Galaxy S6 or higher).
- Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
Which devices are supported?
- Galaxy: Recent Galaxy mobile devices and tablets (From Galaxy S2)
- Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
Other Android devices:
HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, PANTECH, Panasonic, Kyocera, NEC, SHARP, Fujitsu, Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, Coolpad(DazenF2), RIM(Priv), YotaPhone, ZTE(Nubia Z9), Gionee, LAVA, MyPhone(My28s), Cherry Mobile, Google(Pixel)
Note: For reasons such as compatibility between devices, it may not be possible to install and use Smart Switch on certain devices.
- To transfer data, both devices must have a minimum of 500 MB free space in their internal memory.
- If you are using a wired connection, your device must support a 'Transferring media files (MTP)' USB option to allow content to be transferred.
- If you have a non-Samsung device that constantly disconnects from the wireless network, go to Advanced Wi-Fi on your device, turn off the “Wi-Fi initialize” and “Disconnect low Wi-Fi signal” options, and try again.
- (The options described above may not be available, depending on your device manufacturer and OS version.)
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
- Telephone: Used to transfer call log data
- Contacts: Used to transfer contacts data
- Calendar: Used to transfer calendar data
- SMS: Used to transfer SMS data
- Storage: Used to save the files necessary for data transfer
- Microphone: Used for high-frequency audio when searching for Galaxy devices.