In War Thunder, you can take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with real players from all over the world in a continuously developing environment.
War Thunder already offers a highly detailed experience in military aviation and ground forces combat, giving players access to a Guinness World Record breaking number of aircraft, as well as an abundance of tanks and other combat vehicles - and the number is constantly rising.
You can feel the unmatched intensity of aerial dogfights in a fighter, the decisive power of commanding a heavy strategic bomber or the heat of battle in a ground attacker, delivering precision strikes against your enemies. Alternatively, you can join the spearhead of armoured vehicles, fighting for dominance over the battlefield on the ground: Man a heavy tank with impressive armour and firepower, use the maneuverability of a medium or light tank to your advantage, or support your team by screening the skies with your anti aircraft vehicle - the choice is yours!
In the future, the game will also allow players to ‘set sail’ by commanding a variety of warships in the fight over the control of the world’s oceans, giving the game a truly epic scale.
Master your vehicles through both upgrades and personal experience in an environment that is constantly expanding and rewarding the personal skill of the player. Organise your efforts in one of the countless player squadrons and become an ace pilot or tanker - or both! Our thriving and welcoming community of millions of players is also actively participating in the game’s ongoing development, offering custom content through War Thunder Live, such as skins, missions and even vehicles.
War Thunder has something for everyone. Play cooperative games with your friends on Windows PC, Linux, Mac or PlayStation 4 against AI, or squad up for a PvP battle in a difficulty setting matching your play style, ranging from Arcade to Simulator using Mouse and Keyboard, Gamepad or Joystick.
- An entire arsenal at your command - Over 500 highly detailed aircraft, tanks, and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- Right into the heat of battle - Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions on various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- A single bullet can make a difference - A realistic damage system for aircraft and ground vehicles involving individual component durability instead of an overall health bar.
- The true free to play experience - Download and play the game for free as much and as long as you like it. Support the ongoing development entirely at your own leisure.
- Crossing the platform border - Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac and PlayStation®4 (more to come) with tens of thousands of players from all over the globe online at the same time.
- Play together with your friends - Rich PvE content including historical and dynamic campaigns, solo missions, a mission editor and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay.
- Challenge the best of the best - Ever expanding tournament and clan battle systems, including ELO-based ranked matches as well as professionally organized events involving hundreds of players.
- Theatrical beauty - Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Take matters in your own hands - Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
- But wait, there is more! - Ever expanding and evolving environment, offering new and exciting content and features with every regular major update.
War Thunder "Ixwa Strike"
A new line of South African ground forces, the first Variable Swept Wing jet and over 30 new vehicles are joining the game! New location, tactical air-to-surface missiles and a pilot HUD along with new graphical effects, gunfire sounds for aircraft, and much more!
- Me 262 A-1a/Jabo
- Su-11 (premium)
- Attacker FB. 2 (premium)
- A6M5 Hei
- Mirage IIIE
- Fokker D.XXI (premium)
24 new ground vehicles, including the South African armored forces
- M3A3 Bradley
- JaPz.K A2
- Leopard 2 PL (Squadron vehicle)
- T-28 (1938)
- SARC MkVI (2pdr)
- SARC MkVI (6pdr)
- Eland 90 Mk.7
- Ratel 20
- Ratel 90
- Rooikat MTTD
- Olifant Mk.1A
- Olifant Mk.2
- Pz.III N
- Pz.IV G (premium)
- StuG III G
- MARS 15
- Ikv 91-105
- Wasp HAS.Mk.1 — detailed cockpit has been added
- SMS Kaiser
- Pr.50 “Rosomacha” (premium)
- Whitby class (F-77)
- IJN Isuzu
New locations and missions: Location for the combined battle “Seversk-13” has been added.
Location and mission updates
- In some missions airfields models have been replaced with identical ones but with larger substrate areas (in order to hide the hill effect when flying up to an airfield).
- The depth in most locations has been increased or reduced to historical values for naval gameplay.
- Tank hulls that can not be moved have been visually changed so they can not be confused with a recently destroyed vehicle that can be moved.
- A bug where the same ground battle might begin in several squares (some units spawned in one square, some in another) has been fixed.
- A bug where several battles might happen at the same time (usually two opposite battles) in the same quadrant has been fixed.
- AI bombers will now be spawned at different altitudes depending on the battle rank.
- Enduring Confrontation Khalkhin-Gol - The positions of some airfields have been changed. Another potential position of a base for bombing has been added.
- A bug where in some missions some airfields were without air defense coverage has been fixed.
- A bug where a player that re-joined the game session increased the number of victory points for their team has been fixed.
- A bug where in the Enduring Confrontation mission in the location Tunisia, the airfields were too close to the centre of the map so that at higher ranks, the time of approach to the front line from distant airfields was too short.
- The respawn time of anti-aircraft guns on airfields has been decreased (previously it could take several minutes after the mission start).
- A situation where the ground convoys stopped appearing has been fixed.
- The maximum number of simultaneously active convoys has been increased from one to three.
- Some bugs with the appearance of convoys which led to the occasional jamming or severe stretching of the column have been fixed. The convoy vehicles should now move more evenly.
- The convoy destruction task and highlighting of convoy vehicles in AB mode now occur when all convoy vehicles have spawned.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- The parameters of the overheating of automatic cannons on ground vehicles have been revised and refined. Automatic cannons fed through magazines or limited capacity (e.g. 4-20 rounds) will now overheat more slowly. Automatic cannons with belt feed will now overheat faster during continuous firing.
- Damage resistance of track has been reduced. Now the tank’s track should be “torn” by a single hit of the shell of 75 mm calibre and above.
- The material thickness of gun barrels for cannons of the calibre 40 mm and more has been increased:
- Calibre 40 — 70 mm: 15 → 20
- Calibre 75 — 90 mm: 20 → 30
- Calibre 100 — 130 mm: 25 → 35
- Calibre 150 — 183 mm: 30 → 40
- Following vehicles have received new volumetric tracks:
- Italy: M13/40 (I, II, III), M11/39, M41 75/18, M41 75/32, M43 75/34, M43 105/25, M41M 90/53, M43 75/46, M42 75/34, M14/41 47/40, Semovente M42 Contraereo, Pz.III N, Pz.IV G, StuG III G, M60A1 "D.C.Ariete".
- Germany: Dicker Max, Nashorn, Brummbär, Pz.IV H, Pz.IV J, Pz.IV G, Pz.IV E, Pz.IV F, Pz.IV F2, Jagdpanzer IV, Panzer IV/70(V), Panzer IV/70(A), Pz.Bef.Wg.IV J, Wirbelwind, Ostwind, Ostwind II, Kugelblitz, StuH 42 G, StuG III F, StuG III G, Pz.III J, Pz.III J1, Pz.III L, Pz.III M, M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48 Super.
- USSR: T-III, T-54 47, T-54 49, T-54 51, T-62, T-62-М1, IT-1, SU-122-54, ZSU-57-2, Т-72А, Т-72B, Т-72B (1989), Т-72АВ (TURMS-T).
- Britain: Cromwell I, Cromwell V, Cromwell V (RP-3), Archer, Valentine XI, Valentine IX, Centurion Mk.1, Centurion Mk.3, Centurion Mk.10, Centurion Action X, Centurion Mk.5 AVRE, Centurion Mk.5 RAAC, Olifant Mk1A, Olifant Mk2.
- USA: M48A1, T54E1, M60, M60 AMBT, M60A2, M60A1(AOS), M60A1 RISE (P), M103, M60A3 TTS
- China: M48A1, M60A3 TTS.
- France: AMX-30, AMX-30B2, AMX-32, AMX-30 DCA, AMX-30 ACRA, Roland 1.
- Sweden: Strv 81, Strv 101.
- M3A3 (China, France, Italy) - Smoke grenade launcher modification has been added.
- Merkava Mk.1, Merkava Mk.2b - ESS modification has been added.
- Type 90, Type 90B - Fire rate has been changed from 12 to 15 shots per minute. BR in all game modes has been changed from 10.3 to 10.7
- 105mm M774 - The penetrator length has been corrected (changed from 347 to 375 mm) and the penetration has been recalculated accordingly.
Aircraft and helicopter model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- UH-1C — Display of the suspended 40mm grenade launcher when mounting blocks with FFAR missiles has been fixed.
- A-129 International — Cockpit armour material has been fixed.
- F6F-5 — Separate bomb drop for bombs of the calibre 1000 pounds has been added.
- F4U-7 — Separate bomb drop for bombs of the calibre 1000 pounds has been added.
- Brigand B 1 — Bomb weaponry options have been extended.
- SA.342M Gazelle — A bug with display of the suspended pods in one of the presets of the weaponry menu has been fixed.
- A32A — Ballistic calculator has been added.
- SBD-3 — armour elements have been fixed.
- A-26B-10 — armour elements and tear-offs damage have been fixed.
- For some aircraft, the wing tear at the attachment points of suspended weaponry has been corrected to exclude the appearance of “floating” suspended armament after a tear has taken place on a damaged aircraft.
- The erroneous displaying of the Gsh-23 cannon in some cases has been fixed for the suspended UPK-23-250 cannon pod.
- A-7D — New AGM-65A missiles of the “Air-to-Surface” class have been added. HUD (head-up-display) and radar warning system have been added to the cockpit.
- AV-8A, AV-8C, Harrier GR.1, Harrier GR.3, Buccaneer S.2, F-4E Phantom II, F-4EJ Phantom II, Phantom FGR.2, Phantom FG.1, F-104G, F-104J, F-104S — HUD (head-up display) has been added.
- Z.1007 bis series 3/5 — armour has been added.
- F-104J — Number of AIM-9 missiles has been increased to 4. AIM-9P missiles have been added.
- Ka-52 — on-board defense system L-370 "Vitebsk" ("President-s") with incoherent suppression station has been added.
- I-16 Chung 28, I-16 type 5 — The mark of the Republic of China has been added to the localization.
- F-104G, F-104S — Ballistic calculator has been added.
- Jaguar GR.1 — bomb ballistic calculator has been added (CCRP).
- Х-23М missile - Control mode has been changed to manual (by three points) for implementation of the radio-command line guidance system “Delta-NG”.
- For the Р-3Р, Р-3С, PL-2 missiles - Overload limit on the launch has been increased to 4G.
- AGM-71 TOW / AGM-71 TOW 2 — in-game designation has been changed: AGM-71 TOW changed to AGM-71 ITOW. Characteristics, explosive weight have been changed. Max distance of the AGM-71 ITOW has been increased to 3750m.
- Chaff has been added for all aircraft featuring flares. ‘Flares/chaff’ ratio option has been added, as well as options ‘only flares’ or ‘only chaff’.
- A click of the target lock button activates the caging of the IR seeker for the target seeker in homing mode (without a signal from radar). A second click deactivates the seeker.
- AIM-7 semi-active radar seeker missiles have been reconfigured for more realistic behavior. The seeker operates more poorly when locking targets flying against the background of the earth across the direction of the missile. The range of locking tail-on targetsat low and medium altitudes has also been reduced.
- A-7D — Battle rating in RB game mode has been changed from 9.7 to 10.0.
Flight Model changes:
- Saab Sk.60b - bug has been fixed with incorrect calculation of the parasitic drag for gun pods. Thrust reverse has been added.
- SB2U-2/3, Wirraway, IAR-81c, Ki-32, - flight model has been updated. Engine operating modes have been clarified. The distribution of fuel across the tanks has been corrected. Polars of the wings, fuselage and propeller blades have been recalculated and updated. Behavior of the aircraft during the retraction of flaps has been clarified. Improved aircraft behavior when diving at high angles.
- CW-21 — nosing down during aggressive braking has been reduced. Stabilizer air flow has been improved, a more correct stall at low speeds has been introduced. Climb rate has been slightly reduced.
- Ta 152H1 — nosing down during aggressive braking has been reduced. Stabilizer air flow has been improved, more correct stall at low speeds has been introduced.
- Do 335 (all modifications) — all control links have been replaced from cable to tubular, giving more precise and responsive control. The wave drag of the wing profile for a thinner profile has been improved, resulting in better dynamics at high speed. Mechanization efficiency has been improved by enabling flaperons. Different inertia for the propeller group for the front and rear motors have been adjusted.
- Fw 190 (all modifications) - Probability of ‘nodding’ during aggressive braking has been reduced.
- Hurricane (all modifications) - A bug leading to the wrong speed for the destruction of the flaps (landing position is permissible at speeds not exceeding over 200 km/h or 120 mph) has been fixed.
- P-61 (all modifications) - A bug that makes it possible to fire from offensive weaponry when the landing gear is released has been fixed.
- F-104 (all modifications) — to improve the landing properties of the aircraft, boundary layer control has been added with full release of flaps and a running engine.
- A-7D — an issue causing incorrect additional weight and drag data after the GAU-13/a gun pods installation (weight and parasitic drag have been improved).
Naval fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- AI gunners will no longer attempt to hit targets they cannot damage. For example, gunners of 37mm, 40mm, and 76mm guns won’t shoot battleships.
- 100mm/70 SM-5-1 turret - explosives’ type and weight has been corrected for F-55 and OF-55 rounds.
- 356mm/45 gun 41 Year Type (IJN Hyuga) - weight, type and velocity of the AP round have been corrected. Stock HE shell has been changed to SAP round.
- USS North Dakota (BB-29) - stock Mk.17 AP round has been changed to HE shell Mk.17. New AP shell Mk.7 is now available for research.
- SMS Helgoland - SAP shell has been added to the 1st level of research. AP round moved to the 2nd, and requires research again. RP and SL spent on this round has been refunded.
- Traverse speed of the 102mm/45 gun Mark XVI and 102mm fast firing Mark V gun on British naval vessels has been corrected according to the turret they are mounted in.
- 135mm/45 gun O.T.O. Mod. 1938 -rate of fire has been increased to 7.5 rpm.
- 100 mm naval cannon Minisini — Fire rate has been lowered to 12 shots per minute.
- Leipzig, Nurnberg, Koln, Chapayev, Sverdlov, Zheleznyakov, Krasny Kavkaz - Ready-use ammo have been removed for the main calibre cannons. Fire rate is now constant.
- IJN Suzuya, IJN Mikuma, IJN Mogami, IJN Isudzu — Ready-use ammo for the 127 mm/40 cannon of Type 89 have been added. Fire rate of the cannons for these shells has been changed to 14 shots per minute.
Naval characteristics, physics and damage model:
- The damage model on ammo stowage has been changed for battleships, cruisers and destroyers. Fire and detonation of the magazines are fatal to the ship. The explosion and detonation of the shell rooms do not lead to the complete disabling of the ship, but lead to severe destruction around the stowage area, hull breaches and fires.
- Some types of fires have been reworked for battleships and cruisers - fires in main calibre turrets, ammo elevators and some internal rooms have become more dangerous. Fire from turret fighting compartment may go down inside barbettes, ignite the elevator and go to ammo stowage. Shell stowages are more durable against the fire than magazines, and may be affected by fire for longer. Both shell and magazines may explode, if fire isn’t extinguished. If fire destroys the stowage, it will inevitably explode.
- Damage model for AP, SAP, and base fuze HE shells has been corrected:
- Kinetic damage parameters have been increased in accordance to their energy
- Spread sectors, damage and armour piercing capabilities of shell fragments have been fixed. Main damage comes in focused cones in the direction of the projectile and to the sides of it. The weakest fragments were left in the bottom section
- The fuze arming and delay parameters have been changed so that, depending on the calibre and class of the ship being fired at, the shells are armed at certain modules and thicknesses. The delays of the fuzes are selected so that the shell explodes closer to the middle of the ship's beam (at its average values, entry angles, etc.)
- For many shells, the parameters of the loss of speed in flight, air resistance and flight time have been clarified, which led to some changes in armour penetration.
- The distances of shells under water have been corrected. Once in the water the shell can easily exceed the distance equal to about 80-100 of its calibre, after which it will lose all killing power.
- The damage model of smoke funnels has been fixed - they are harder to disable now: from 2-3 hits by AP shells of their class, and from 1-2 HE shells.The drop in the maximum ship speed when smoke funnels are damaged or destroyed has been reduced
- USS Atlanta (CL-51) - hull and deck armouring has been fixed. Overhead anti-splinter armour plates are now located at the sides
- MBK pr.186, MBK pr.186 (МK 85), MBK-161 (1943) MBK-161 (1944) - the location of the crew in the compartments and artillery mounts has been fixed to avoid the situation with the "last survivor", when all compartments are destroyed, but boat stays afloat.
- USS Baltimore (CA-68) - the number of the crew has been increased to 1,560. The thicknesses and shapes of the armour belts have been corrected, the armour of the battle bridge, the armour of the hull and the upper deck have been added. Armour elevators for the main calibre cannons have been fixed. A fuel tank has been added in the area of the stern ammo stowages. The armour classification of internal armour belts has been changed from external to internal.
- USS New Orleans (CA-32) - the number of the crew has been increased to 1,183. The shape and thickness of the armour belts, ammo stowages protection, armoured decks have been fixed. Added anti-splinter armour on the sides. armour shields for 20mm Oerlikons have been added. armour materials have been fixed.
- USS Northampton (CA-26) - the number of the crew has been increased to 872.
- USS Pensacola (CA-24) - the number of the crew has been increased to 923.
- USS Portland (CA-33) - the number of the crew has been increased to 1,033.
- IJN Ikoma - Ship’s armour and main calibre cannons have been fixed, speed increased to 21.91 kn. The number of the crew has been reduced to 820.
- IJN Shimakaze — internal modules have been totally reworked, in accordance to material from the Yasukuni Shrine Kaiko library.
- Class J (leader), Class K (F37), Class N (G25), Chapaev, Zheleznyakov — list in sharp turns has been reduced.
- HMS Hawkins (D86) — issue with self-destroying torpedo launchers has been solved.
- Leipzig, Nürnberg, Admiral Hipper, Admiral Graf Spee, Krasny Kavkaz, Chapaev, Sverdlov — Splits between armour elements have been removed.
- IJN Settsu — Armouring has been fixed. Thickness of the bow and stern armour belts, the lower part of the main armour belt, sides of the side turrets, upper part of the barbette of the bow and stern turrets, roofs of armoured cabins, armoured deck in the stern area have been improved.
- IJN Tone — Armouring has been fixed. The shape of the armour of the steering system, the thickness of the side armour of the ammo magazines, the shape of the armoured bulkhead have been changed.
- Pola — Targeting issue of the 13.2 mm MGs has been fixed.
- Class J (leader) — armour shields for the 20 mm cannons at the stern have been added.
- Kirov — A bug with lack of the sub-calibre magazine has been fixed.
- SMS Helgoland — A bug with the destruction of the ammunition magazine when not hit and no destruction when hit been fixed.
- Naval Visual models and visual parts:
- IJN Mikuma — A cable support strut has been added to the third main calibre turret.
- IJN Mikuma, IJN Mogami, IJN Suzuya — The display of linoleum baseboard slats on the deck has been fixed.
- IJN Kako — The animation of the flag has been fixed. Wrong location of some objects on the deck of the destroyed ship model has been fixed.
- Pola — Incorrect ship draft in hangar has been fixed.
- R-boot R-130 — Mines, which were displayed in the X-Ray view in the stock ship’s state have been hidden.
- MPK Pr.12412 — The position of torpedo tubes by displaying the ship at a distance has been fixed.
- Porter (DD-356) — Missing deck on superstructures has been fixed.
- Fairmile D (697) — Issues with the displaying of the shell bag of the Oerlikon autocannon have been fixed.
- BMO — Problem with superstructure disappearing at long range has been fixed.
- MPK Pr.12412 — Disappearing of the RGB 12 rocket bomb models on the ship has been fixed.
- IJN Settsu — Incorrect location of torpedo tubes has been corrected.
- MS-53 — Position of aft superstructure on the undamaged model has been corrected.
- IJN Yuudachi — Incorrect displaying of the superstructure has been fixed.
- Freccia P-493 — Regia Marina flag has been replaced with the postwar Marina Militare flag.
- Garland (H37) — Ship's emblem and missing cranes have been added. Markings of the removed stern turret on the deck have been added. The shield from the 76 mm cannon has been removed.
- Turbine — Ship's name on life rings has been fixed.
- Bartolomeo Colleoni, Trento, Raimondo Montecuccoli, Zara, Pola — The dial from 100 mm cannons has been removed.
- SMS Von der Tann — Extraction animation of shells at the stern turret has been added.
- Type 1939 (T31) — Maximum elevation angle of the main cailbre turret has been changed from 30° to 70°.
- HMS Southampton — The form of the main calibre turrets has been fixed.
- USS Helena (CL-50) — Radar model has been fixed.
- IJN Hyuga — Incorrect layout of torpedo tubes has been fixed.
- Class J (leader) — The ready-use ammo for the aft turret, displayed in the X-Ray view, has been moved to the boxes.
- HBM Tiger II — Location of the aft ammunition has been fixed.
Software similar to War Thunder 4
World of Tanks is a cult MMO game dedicated to armored machines that has won the affection of players all over the world. A variety of in-game locations, historical accuracy, realistic gameplay — join the army of tankers already tearing up the battlefield and plunge into legendary combat.
Become Godlike in SMITE, the free-to-play action MOBA featuring legendary mythological icons.
Defend your Galaxy!
More similar downloads