It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
- Capture stream didn't work with "--dev-capture=0 --dev-loopback=N"
- .mkv: support Opus; support .webm; support seeking (slightly inaccurate)
- .mkv(Opus) -> .ogg copy: "fmedia f.mkv -o f.ogg --stream-copy"
- .cue: support .mp4/.mkv/.mp3 + .avi: support "pcm" codec
- GUI(Linux): "File->Delete From Disk": move to Trash by default
- .mkv: crash when reading tags
- Opus decode: fix "clicks" on tracks changing; accurate positioning