It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
- elp.txt: French translation
- GUI: "Show Media Info": add file size, file date, audio info
- GUI: redraw items after tab switch for a large playlist
- GUI: "Show File in Explorer" didn't work if the entry was selected by "Selection Follows Cursor"
- GUI: crash on closing playlist (v1.2 bug)
- ID3v1 read: skip spaces at the end of tag fields
- dynanorm: crash or error on stop command during playback
- core: fix crash or mono->stereo channel conversion (v1.11 bug)
- queue: play next track after read/decode error
- file.stdout: add "buffer_size" config setting
- file input: random seek error (v1.9 bug)
- Linux: core.so: don't use glibc 2.29
- log: print input file name for error/info messages