Desktop management and security have traditionally existed as two separate disciplines. Yet both play a central role in keeping users safe and productive. Management ensures proper system configuration, deploys patches against vulnerabilities, and delivers necessary security updates. Security provides critical threat detection, Outbreak response, and system remediation.
Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 enables businesses to align security and management to Improve endpoint protection while greatly reducing operational costs. It builds on System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 and R3, allowing customers to use their existing client management infrastructure to deploy and manage endpoint protection. This shared infrastructure helps reduce ownership costs while providing improved visibility and control over endpoint management and security.
- Creates single administrator experience for managing and securing endpoints
- Improves visibility for identifying and remediating potentially vulnerable endpoints
- Lowers ownership costs by using a single infrastructure for both endpoint management and security
- Deploys effortlessly to hundreds of thousands of endpoints using existing System Center Configuration Manager agents
- Provides highly accurate detection of known and unknown threats
- Actively protects against network-level attacks by managing Windows Firewall configurations
Software similar to forefront-endpoint-protection 4
Avast! is packed with the largest threat-detection network, machine-learning virus protection, easy password management and home network security that won’t slow down your PC.
Free program that protects your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats.
- Windows XP/Vista/7
ClamAV is an open source antivirus solution for Windows operating systems.