Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to hard disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can't be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) hard disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Portable version
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Portable version can be used to diagnose hard disk drive and SSD devices in any computer without installation or modification of any settings, files on the appropriate computer. It can be effectively used from a pendrive (or other removable device) by system integrators and advanced users to periodically diagnose and test hard disk drives, however it does not provide real-time protection offered by the installed Hard Disk Sentinel Professional version.
The Portable version contains all tests, diagnostic functions, options and features of Hard Disk Sentinel Professional, except some functions applicable for the installed version only (automatically start with Windows, use in Service mode, configure data folder location).
The use of Portable version requires a license for Hard Disk Sentinel Professional. To fully utilize both the installed version (to get real-time 7/24 protection) and the Portable version (to diagnose hard disks in different systems), separate licenses or use of a Family license (with both versions) is required.
The amount of computers (and hard disk drives, SSDs in those systems) is not limited - as the Portable version is used with only one computer at any given time, it can be moved to an other when preferred.
Improvements and new features:
- Added option: Include problem overview in alerts (Configuration -> Message Settings, Pro version only)
- Added option: Alert about problematic drive(s) only (Configuration -> Message Settings, Pro version only)
- Added links to text descriptions: show links with underline and option to click on them to open in browser automatically
- Added support of DELL PERC Software RAID controllers: DELL PERC S100/S300, DELL PERC S110, DELL PERC S130, DELL PERC S140: detect all connected hard disks/SSDs and their health, temperature and status information (configured as RAID or standalone)
- Added support of Broadcom 9500 series Tri-mode SAS / SATA / NVMe RAID controllers: detect SATA / SAS / NVMe RAID array members, display complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of drives managed by Broadcom 95xx RAID controller, configured as RAID
- Added support of WD BLACK AN1500 NVMe SSD: display real health, wearout, lifetime writes, S.M.A.R.T. status of SSDs
- Added support of HighPoint 7505 NVMe RAID controller: detect the status information of NVMe SSDs used in standalone and RAID mode
- Added support of ROG RAIDR Express PCIe: detect complete status, health, S.M.A.R.T. information
- Added support of ORICO 3559U3 5-bay external USB 3.0 hard disk enclosure
- Added support of Yottamaster 4-bay and FS5U3 5-bay external USB 3.0 hard disk enclosure
- Added support of KIOXIA EXCERIA SATA / NVMe SSDs
- Added health display for LITEON ECE Dell-specific SSDs
- Added support of Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB NVMe SSD
- Added support of Crucial CT500P1SSD8 / CT1000P1SSD8, Micron 9300 Max (Micron NVMe driver)
- Added support of ATP AF8GUD3-WAAXX, AF16GUD3-WAAXX, AF32GUD3-WAAXX industrial SD cards
- Added support of ADATA SE760 external SSD
- Added support of RaidSonic Icy Box IB-1817M-C31, RaidSonic ICY BOX IB-1824ML-C31 NVMe-USB adapter
- Detect up to 240 hard disk drives/SSDs
- Added support of updated Realtek USB-NVMe firmware
- Added support of OWC Aura SSD: detect complete status, health, S.M.A.R.T. information
- Added support of AXE Memory external SSD
- Added support of Bulldozer, AFOX SSDs
Improved hardware support:
- Improvements, detection fixes for latest Windows Insider Preview builds
- Improved compatibility with Intel Optane configurations
- Improved support of Samsung 980 PRO series SSDs
- Improved display of lifetime writes with HP RAID configuration
- Improved health/status display of ADATA SX8100, XPG Spectrix S40 NVMe SSDs
- Improved detection with LSI / Avago / Broadcom / DELL / IBM / Intel SAS RAID controllers
- Improved health reporting with Patriot Burst, Silicon Power SSDs
- Improved power on time reporting for Toshiba MK2565GSX
- Improved compatibility with various ADATA SSDs (650/750/760/800 series)
- Improved compatibility with Intel VROC and Micron 2300 NVMe SSDs
- Improved detection and status / power on time reporting of WD SAS hard disks
- Improved health display and reporting for WD Green / WD Blue series SSDs
- Improved support of LSI MegaRAID 9460 tri-mode (NVMe/SAS/SATA) RAID controller
- Minor corrections for SK Hynix, Sandisk SSDs, Silicon Power SSDs, XPG SPECTRIX S40, Patriot P210
- Improved support of Startech S352BU33RER, ORICO 9548RU3, CFI-B8283ERGG external multi-drive / RAID enclosures
- Improved detection and reporting of different Kingspec SSDs, INTEL SSDSC2BF180A5L, Micron 550 SSD
- Improved detection and reporting of White Label WL500 hard disks
- Improved detection of RAID 10 arrays on Intel RAID controllers
- Improved detection of SATA hard disks / SSDs with AMD Bottom RAID controller driver 9.3
- Improved detection of SATA hard disks / SSDs with AMD StoreMI 2.0 driver 9.4
- Improved detection with AMD RAID controller (scsiport) driver under Windows XP
- Improved detection of MaxDigital hard disk drives
- Improved power on time display of Hitachi SAS hard disks (HUH721010AL5200)
- Improved hard disk status, health, temperature detection with MD4000GBDS hard disks
- Improved support of Swissbit industrial M.2 SATA SSD
- Improved support of Lenovo WD4001FYYG SAS hard disk
- Improved health calculation for NVMe SSDs
- Improved and extended detection of Intel VROC SSDs in NVMe SSD RAID configurations with higher number of SSDs
- Improved detection of HP Smart Array RAID controllers when multiple arrays configured on same physical disk drives
- Improved compatibility with HFS1T9G32FEH SSD, SSDPR-CX400-256 SSD, Silicon Power SSD, Toshiba SSDs
- Improved support and lifetime writes display of several LITEON SSDs
- Improved compatibility and detection performance with LSI SAS3 HBA
- Improved support of 4Kn SATA hard disk drives, showing "4Kn" on the Information page
- Display warning upon possible compatibility issue if 4Kn drive used on older system
- Improved compatibility with Intel SSDSCKKB240G8R, Intel SSDSC2KB019T7R, THNSF81D92CSE
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- Complete German Help available - thanks to Kurt Lettmaier for his work
- Fixed: "Unknown" drive may be displayed previously when AMD RAID used
- Minor changes, compatibility improvements
- Improved progress display during disk surface test
- Improved disk activity tray icons: showing logical disk drives too
- Improved, fixed save dialogs (Report menu -> Save HTML report, Save TXT report, save temperature statistic images)
- Improved Disk Contents Inspector
- MSFT XVDD devices no longer displayed
- Improved menu display in high-contrast setting
Software similar to Hard Disk Sentinel Professional 7
The Samsung SSD Magician software facilitates easy maintenance and use of Samsung SSD products connected to a desktop or notebook computer.
Corsair proudly brings you the Corsair SSD Toolbox. This helpful utility provides users with several powerful and useful tools for use with Corsair SSDs.
Optimize and Restore Performance of your SSD in Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
Everything you need to optimize your SSD drive on Windows 7 or 8.
- Windows 7/8/10
More similar downloads