Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to hard disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can't be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) hard disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Portable version
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Portable version can be used to diagnose hard disk drive and SSD devices in any computer without installation or modification of any settings, files on the appropriate computer. It can be effectively used from a pendrive (or other removable device) by system integrators and advanced users to periodically diagnose and test hard disk drives, however it does not provide real-time protection offered by the installed Hard Disk Sentinel Professional version.
The Portable version contains all tests, diagnostic functions, options and features of Hard Disk Sentinel Professional, except some functions applicable for the installed version only (automatically start with Windows, use in Service mode, configure data folder location).
The use of Portable version requires a license for Hard Disk Sentinel Professional. To fully utilize both the installed version (to get real-time 7/24 protection) and the Portable version (to diagnose hard disks in different systems), separate licenses or use of a Family license (with both versions) is required.
The amount of computers (and hard disk drives, SSDs in those systems) is not limited - as the Portable version is used with only one computer at any given time, it can be moved to an other when preferred.
Improvements and new features:
- re-designed new graphics, icons, added high resolution images for high DPI settings
- changed colors and behaviour of user interface elements for improved visibility
- added Windows 11 style hard disk icons (Configuration -> Disk Control -> Disk Icon Set) to show disk usage and the status based on Health %
- Information page: display USB ID for easier identification of drives in Windows Safely Remove Hardware devices list
- Information page: show device type: fixed disk or removable with "surprise remove possible" or "safely remove required"
- detect and report USB version and generation for USB hard disks, USD SSDs, USD pendrives, USB-NVMe adapters
- additional information in text description:
- show warning when USB 2.0 connection limits the performance of the disk drive
- show warning when USB 2.0 connection can degrade the disk drive due to insufficient power
- show warning when the disk drive reached the end of designed lifetime and the chance of sudden failure may be higher
- show warning when the disk drive seems fake USB pendrive / SSD where the stored data may be damaged/corrupted
- multiple temperature sensors: double click on a temperature S.M.A.R.T. attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page to select the sensor to be used to determine/report temperature of the drive (then showing (Active) for the selected temperature attribute on the S.M.A.R.T. page)
Improved hardware support:
- added support of Kingston DataTraveler MAX : detect health, temperature, S.M.A.R.T. status of Kingston DataTraveler MAX series pendrives
- added support of Terramaster D5-300 RAID enclosure: detect health, temperature and complete self-monitoring S.M.A.R.T. status of drives in RAID configuration
- added support of Oyen Digital Mobius Pro 2C RAID device: detect and display disk status, health, temperature information
- added support of Oyen Digital MOBIUS 5-drive (RAID) enclosure: detect status of hard disk drives in RAID or standalone configuration
- added support of I-O DATA HDS2-UT dual (RAID) enclosure: detect status of hard disk drives in RAID configuration
- added support of new AMD RAID driver 9.3.2: detect SATA and NVMe drive status in AMD RAID configuration on AMD x670
- added support of DockCase DSWC1P USB-M.2 (NVMe/SATA) adapter
- added support of ASUS Tuf Gaming A1 USB 3.2 NVMe adapter
- added and improved detection with some USB-NVMe adapters
- added support of ACOS SATA SSDs, Fanxiang S101, Go-Infinity SSD, ZOZT G3000, SQUARE ES 550, Ramsta R900 SSDs
- added support of RAIDON IR2771-S3 new/updated firmware 19.1.12-8
- added support of DELL Perc H755 SAS/SATA RAID controller: detect status of disk drives in RAID configuration
- added support of QNAP QDA-A2MAR 2x M.2 SSD -> SATA SSD RAID solution: detect SSD status and S.M.A.R.T. information in RAID configuration
- improved support of QNAP TR-002 USB RAID enclosure: detect disk drive status and S.M.A.R.T. information in RAID / JBOD / standalone configuration
- improved support and reporting of 22 TB WD hard disk drives, Toshiba 18 TB hard disk drives
- improved Device Specific Information on various AMD chipsets with AMD SATA AHCI controller or Standard SATA AHCI controller drivers
- improved support of Samsung NVMe SSDs with Intel RST VMD controller
- improved support/health display of SanDisk SDSSDH3 models when new/unused
- improved disk status display for various SATA SSDs with AMD RAID configuration
- improved disk status display for hard disks/SSDs selected to be displayed when they're offline (no longer connected)
- improved support of various SAS drives
- improved compatibility with various USB devices
- improved display of offline/network attached storage SSDs
- extended AMD RAID detection when higher number of hard disk drives / SSDs connected
- improved Health % reporting for intensively used Indilinx Barefoot SSD
- improved detection and reporting of LSI SATA/SAS RAID when disk(s) missing from the configuration
- improved detection and reporting of AVAGO MR9341 SATA/SAS RAID configuration
- improved detection and reporting of HP RAID configuration
- improved detection and reporting of APPLE SSD
- improved compatibility with GLOWAY SSD, HP SSD 600, Patriot Burst Elite SSD, Patriot P210 SSD, PNY SSD, PNY ELITE SSD, Toshiba SATA SSD, Kingston SSD, Swissbit SSD
- improved support of some Sandisk, Intel, LiteOn SATA SSDs, Transcend TS120GSSD220S SSD, WDS120G2G0A-00, Lexar SATA SSD, XRAYDISK SATA SSD, KINGSPEC SATA SSD, WALRAM SSD
- improved USB RAID enclosure detection and reporting in general
- improved Device Specific Information reporting with Micron SATA SSDs
- improved support of Intel Pro 5400s SSDs
- improved ASMEDIA RAID detection in Portable mode
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various Sandisk SSDs
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various Patriot SSDs
- improved support and Health % calculation / text reports for various DELL-specific SSDs
- improved compatibility with Axagon CRE-SAC card reader
- improved report of bad sectors on various SATA drives
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- improved mouse wheel handling: scrolling the list on the main window when mouse moved over it
- improved XML reports generated with non-standard DMI information
- fixed: Kingston XS2000 HTML report was incomplete
- fixed: new WDC PC SA530 SSDs may showed 1% health
- fixed: disk capacity / model ID display during surface test when Korean or Chinese language selected
- saving additional Windows 10 / 11 version information
- minor improvements
Software similar to Hard Disk Sentinel Professional 7
The Samsung SSD Magician software facilitates easy maintenance and use of Samsung SSD products connected to a desktop or notebook computer.
Optimize and Restore Performance of your SSD in Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
The Corsair SSD Toolbox provides users with several powerful and useful tools for use with Corsair SSDs.
Everything you need to optimize your SSD drive on Windows 7 or 8.
- Windows 7, 8, 10
More similar downloads