HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - July 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bios Password for HP NX9010

Can someone generate a Masterbios Password for the
Hash =020341

or what algorithm to generate it with?
Thanx

DCFogg

#2pax2fwxmdm-595b hdd password lockout

"Hi all you need to write a bit of a story for rastam" ...

I was walking along the backalleys with my girl when a bright light appeared above me and an alien said take us to your leader ... I said what leader this is Youngstown Ohio murder capital of America 1995 1997 2002 ... there's no leaders here.

The big one sighed and explained that they had bought this Laptop on ebay but it was hdd password protected and they'd heard the only way to get it open was to contact the great Rastam at Techspot on the net ... apparently they are really into ICP Boogie Woogie Wu (youtube) ... not really sure why.

The deal is I get them the password and they stop traveling millions of miles to probe peoples buttocks ... don't know what they're looking for up there but it sounded like a really good deal at the time.

Its a b130 #2pax2fwxmdm-595b

Thanks

Actually I knew that.
But was concerned everyone might write a story or something.
By the way, he's long gone from TechSpot (a free open support forum)

HP omnibook xt6200 bios password help

Hi
Can anyone please please please help me.
I have tried removing the cmos battery 24 hrs & everything possible, but still can’t get through. Before putting back the cover if anyone could help me with the master password. I would really appreciate it.
The System Hash Code : 13178
Thank you

Hi
Can anyone please please please help me.
I have tried removing the cmos battery 24 hrs & everything possible, but still can’t get through. Before putting back the cover if anyone could help me with the master password. I would really appreciate it.
The System Hash Code : 13178
Thank you

HP OmniBook xt6200 Notebook

Take it to pieces and remove the CMOS battery to reset the Bios.
By the way, hardware experience required

Or (Better choice)

Contact HP and read out the hash code that you can get by pressing 'F2' and then 'F12' at startup. (Oh you have yours already: 13178)

Hey I did some searching around, you may need to short the pins on the eeprom The paper clip guide can be found in this thread (quite a few times)

Maybe just contact Hp

Dell Inspiron 2200 BIOS password. Rustam!

Hello all & RUSTAM,

My name is Jordan, an Account Manager in Toronto.

A year ago I set a password on my Inspiron 2200 and forgot it. Judging by the forums, you might get these requests frequently so I'm sorry if I'm just another person asking for help.

My SERVICE TAG is 7YGPW81-595B, I was wondering you would be able to email me my code or old pass. What bugs me is that I remember setting it to something simple like 1234 or 12345 or asdf. You might see that if its in the service tag. I tried for hours already.

My email is email removed or I'll be happy to give you my phone number via email.

Anyways, IF YOU ARE EVER IN TORONTO, I would like to buy you a drink or show you the town. Let me know. I hope you get this soon!

Thanks.

JordanR,
Rustam is no longer on this site and you have broken some site rules concerning your post...

kimsland & Ididmyc600

Been there, done that accept the paperclip trick, i really dont want to go there
But thanks for the advice.
if someone have the HP master password program HELPPPP

nickbunt there are many many sites that offer this payment of service on the web (a simple search will show them)
But hopefully users come here to either get free advice (ie paperclip method), or to actually get the password free.

The first option is to always contact the laptop manufacture for password removal.

Hi ALL, can any1 help me regarding master pass for my girlfriend's laptop? She forgot her pass, don't ask me how please. :)

Dell Inspiron 9400
Service tag: 8Z1JD2J - 595B
Express Service Code: 195-331-578-67

Thanks All

Can't update BIOS without password--needs update to fix password problem!

My Toshiba A65 laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the bios password. I looked on the toshiba site and they said it was a known problem that required a bios update. I downloaded the update, but since I can't even get into the CMOS without the password, there is no way to update the BIOS. Any suggestions?

oh well I didn't say something about stolen devices but its weird to forget a password you need to type in every time you want to work with it.
thats like signing letters every day and forgetting your name over night. ok, alzheimer... sure, I forgot - sorry about that :)

$35-$45 seems a fair price to remove or recover a laptop password. If you buy a laptop from a pawn shop, and it is locked with a password on it, shame on you. If you buy a laptop from eBay, and it is locked with a password, you took a chance and lost

Knowledge is everything. The entire removal code and new Service tag on a Dell laptop easily fits on a floppy disk or a flash drive and takes two minutes to complete. Anybody can do it by reading a half page of printed notes.

Having the disk is the tricky part, and only authorized Dell field reps can get it... it is distributed as a one-time install.

Toshiba update

This is a computer I have had for four years. It has had the same password on it for the last year or so. It just suddenly stopped accepting it. I looked up online and they said it is a known problem with Toshibas of this vintage, and that it needs a bios update to fix it. Of course, you can't get into the bios to update it.

I love this old system. It is heavier than my newer laptops, but it is rugged and has been trouble-free for four years. I'm a computer consultant, and this is the one I take out on jobs with me. I have all my utilities and updates on it and it has just been a workhorse.

I was getting ready to send it in for repoir for a broken usb port (caught my toe in the cable....) so I pulled the hd and backed it up and reformatted it to get all my data off before sending it for repair. They will probably have to replace the mobo because of the broken ports, so that should eliminate the problem.

You can bet the first thing I will do when I get it back is update the bios! I would recommend all Toshiba laptop owners to check for a bios update. This happened after installing xp sp3

Sharon

Come on guys help me out here.. This is not a stolen laptop.. It belongs to the company i work for. the only reason i was asked to remove the password is because the user had a brain surgery for brain tumor now he cant remember the password. i have the invoice as proof..
If anyone can help me please The System Hash Code : 13178
I even tried the program unlock6 but still wouldnt go through

Knowledge is everything. The entire removal code and new Service tag on a Dell laptop easily fits on a floppy disk or a flash drive and takes two minutes to complete. Anybody can do it by reading a half page of printed notes.

Having the disk is the tricky part, and only authorized Dell field reps can get it... it is distributed as a one-time install.

that only applies to bios configuration or setup passwords. no chance with system or hdd passwords. you should know that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back