How to benchmark Jedi Knight 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogie

How to benchmark Jedi Knight 2 ?

The search term you specified (2) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
:confused:

Does anyone know ? I've searched Google and everywhere....

I know ya have to do this in a shortcut

"D:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1

Then "timedemo 1" and somehow load a map called "JK2FFA" in the console.

I can't seem to get it. All the review sites show the benchmark scores, but not how to do it.

Thanks

This is from http://www.elektrik-sheep.com/guides/ATI%20Driver.shtml:

"Benchmarking Procedure:

There are two methods of benchmarking in Jedi Knight II. One option is to create a shortcut to the Jedi Knight II multiplayer executable and add “+set sv_cheats 1” to the target field of the shortcut. When entered correctly it would look like this:

"C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\\GameData\\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1

Once the program is started and you've properly configured your display settings you hold the Shift + Tilde (~) Keys to bring down the in game console. Once in the console you then type "timedemo 1" and press the enter(return) key and then start the demo by typing "demo jk2ffa" and press enter (return) again. The demo should start automatically if you have done this correctly. To see the results of the benchmark after the demo has ended press Shift + Tilde (~) again and press the "Page Up" key until you see the results.

The second option involves running the multiplayer executable and typing the following in the console (use Shift + Tilde ~ to get to the console):

devmap ffa_bespin
timedemo 1
disconnect
demo jk2ffa

Once the demo is complete enter the console and page up to see your frame rate."

Thanks Demiurg..

I saw this already and tried it. It doesn't work, at least not with the 1.04 patch. I tried the multiplayer option. I get an eror that says can't find demo\jk2ffa.dm_16.

I'll keep lookin.

Thanks again !!

I hope this works

'Jedi Knight II'

After installing the retail version of "Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast," we patched it to version 1.04. We then unzipped assets2.pak3 found in Gamedata\Base folder, extracting the file jk2ffa.dm_15 to the Base\Demos folder and renaming the demo to jk2ffa.dm_16. You can now run the demo from the command line in the multiplayer game by typing "timedemo 1" and then "demo jk2ffa." Scores are recorded as frames per second (fps). We used the following settings.

Video quality: custom
GL extension: on
Video mode: 1024x768 or 1280x1024
Color depth: 32 bit
Full screen: on
Geometric detail: high
Texture detail: very high
Texture quality: 32 bit
Texture filter: trilinear

user interface is version 6, expected 7

Wat does user interface is version 6, expected 7 mean? :confused:

After i downloaded patch 1.03 i couldnt join a game because of that ^.

Is there an uninstall for patch 1.03 if there is can u tell me plz

--To0thp1ke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back