iBackup for Mac 7.5
Simple to use backup/restore utility for scheduled backups of files, folders, applications and your system preferences.
iBackup is a simple to use backup/restore utility for scheduled backups of files, folders, applications and your system preferences like the dock, deskop picture, time settings, firewall, bluetooth and system applications like AddressBook, Mail, Stickies, iChat, iTunes and more. You can edit these preferences settings and add your own.
- Universal binary (PowerPC/Intel)
- iBackup support following languages: dutch, english, german, french, italian, polish, portuguese, romanian, russian, swedish and spanish
- Look and feel like the Finder
- Easy to use
- Scheduled backups
- System Preferences and Application Preferences could be changed (xml files)
- Allows multiple selection of items (use space bar to select/deselect them)
- Possibility to copy only modified items
- Run your own script before and after a backup
- Tell iBackup to connect to a server
- Make cpio, cpgz or zipped backups
- Backups / restores of:
- System Preferences: Address Book, Garage Band, iCal, iChat, iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, Keychains, Mail, System Preferences, Safari, Stickies, Widgets, ...
- Application Preferences: Adobe Photoshop CS, Cyberduck, Firefox, iBackup, Microsoft Office 2004, NeoOffieJ, Skype, VLC, ...
- improvement: if a folder of an external disk is added to the sources, it is visible even if the external disk is not connected
- improvement: trash shows if items were deleted
- bug fixed: no error anymore when restoring the iBackup settings
- bug fixed: check for new iBackup version and check for new plugins fixed
- bug fixed: delete backup folders on a external disk doesn't take hours anymore
- bug fixed: process cancelled and destination not mounted will be shown as 'error: 1' in the log and mail
- bug fixed: if more than one backup or restore takes place the same day, the action text of each is added to the log file
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.