As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
- Stop Those Annoying Browser Prompts Asking for Your Location or to Send Notifications
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Stable channel has been updated to 77.0.3865.120 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks. A list of all changes is available in the log.
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 8 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$20500] High CVE-2019-13693: Use-after-free in IndexedDB. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Team, Qihoo 360 on 2019-09-19
- [$TBD] High CVE-2019-13694: Use-after-free in WebRTC. Reported by banananapenguin on 2019-09-18
- [$15000] High CVE-2019-13695: Use-after-free in audio. Reported by Man Yue Mo of Semmle Security Research Team on 2019-09-17
- [$7500] High CVE-2019-13696: Use-after-free in V8. Reported by Guang Gong of Alpha Team, Qihoo 360 on 2019-09-04
- [$2000] High CVE-2019-13697: Cross-origin size leak. Reported by Luan Herrera @lbherrera_ on 2019-08-05
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the Stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Mac news
Apps similar to Google Chrome for Mac 3
Experience the web, Apple style, with Safari: the fastest, easiest-to-use web browser in the world.
Bringing together all kinds of awesomeness to make browsing better for you.
Legacy Opera 12 is the latest revision of the browser that used the Presto layout engine.