As featured in:
- The Best Portable Apps for Your Software Toolbox
- 5 Google Chrome Alternatives That Do Things Better
- Why Incognito Mode and Private Browsing are Not Private
Google Chrome is a fast, simple, and secure web browser, built for the modern web. If you're just getting started with Chrome or want to improve it, we recommend checking out our Chrome optimization guide.
Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
The Stable channel has been updated to 97.0.4692.99 for Windows, Mac and Linux which will roll out over the coming days/weeks. Extended stable channel has also been updated to 96.0.4664.110 for Windows and Mac which will roll out over the coming days/weeks
A full list of changes in this build is available in the log. Interested in switching release channels? Find out how here. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug. The community help forum is also a great place to reach out for help or learn about common issues
Security Fixes and Rewards
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
This update includes 26 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.
- [$NA] Critical CVE-2022-0289: Use after free in Safe browsing. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2022-01-05
- [$20000],[NA] High CVE-2022-0290: Use after free in Site isolation. Reported by Brendon Tiszka and Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2021-10-15
- [$20000] High CVE-2022-0291: Inappropriate implementation in Storage. Reported by Anonymous on 2021-12-19
- [$17000] High CVE-2022-0292: Inappropriate implementation in Fenced Frames. Reported by Brendon Tiszka on 2021-11-16
- [$15000] High CVE-2022-0293: Use after free in Web packaging. Reported by Rong Jian and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 2021-12-30
- [$10000] High CVE-2022-0294: Inappropriate implementation in Push messaging. Reported by Rong Jian and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 2021-11-23
- [$10000] High CVE-2022-0295: Use after free in Omnibox. Reported by Weipeng Jiang (@Krace) and Guang Gong of 360 Vulnerability Research Institute on 2021-12-09
- [$7000] High CVE-2022-0296: Use after free in Printing. Reported by koocola(@alo_cook) and Guang Gong of 360 Vulnerability Research Institute on 2021-12-30
- [$5000] High CVE-2022-0297: Use after free in Vulkan. Reported by Cassidy Kim of Amber Security Lab, OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp. Ltd. on 2021-11-28
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0298: Use after free in Scheduling. Reported by Yangkang (@dnpushme) of 360 ATA on 2021-05-25
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0300: Use after free in Text Input Method Editor. Reported by Rong Jian and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 2021-12-01
- [$NA] High CVE-2022-0301: Heap buffer overflow in DevTools. Reported by Abdulrahman Alqabandi, Microsoft Browser Vulnerability Research on 2021-12-03
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0302: Use after free in Omnibox. Reported by Weipeng Jiang (@Krace) and Guang Gong of 360 Vulnerability Research Institute on 2021-12-10
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0303: Race in GPU Watchdog. Reported by Yiğit Can YILMAZ (@yilmazcanyigit) on 2021-12-22
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0304: Use after free in Bookmarks. Reported by Rong Jian and Guang Gong of 360 Alpha Lab on 2021-12-22
- [$TBD] High CVE-2022-0305: Inappropriate implementation in Service Worker API. Reported by @uwu7586 on 2021-12-23
- [$NA] High CVE-2022-0306: Heap buffer overflow in PDFium. Reported by Sergei Glazunov of Google Project Zero on 2021-12-29
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2022-0307: Use after free in Optimization Guide. Reported by Samet Bekmezci @sametbekmezci on 2021-12-21
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2022-0308: Use after free in Data Transfer. Reported by @ginggilBesel on 2021-12-24
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0309: Inappropriate implementation in Autofill. Reported by Alesandro Ortiz on 2021-08-17
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0310: Heap buffer overflow in Task Manager. Reported by Samet Bekmezci @sametbekmezci on 2022-01-03
- [$TBD] Medium CVE-2022-0311: Heap buffer overflow in Task Manager. Reported by Samet Bekmezci @sametbekmezci on 2022-01-03
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives
Many of our security bugs are detected using AddressSanitizer, MemorySanitizer, UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer, Control Flow Integrity, libFuzzer, or AFL.
Recent Google Chrome for Mac news
Software similar to Google Chrome for Mac 5
Bringing together all kinds of awesomeness to make browsing better for you.
A browser that is fast, but also that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first.
Open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way to experience the web.
More similar downloads