Miro is a free HD video player.
It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Best of all, Miro is 100% free and open source, developed by a non-profit organization and volunteers around the world.
- New audio podcast section of the Miro Guide
- Better interface for audio playback
- Button to download from YouTube when you add as sidebar site – also see: 4 ways to download files (including torrents) from websites inside Miro
- Smarter handling of bittorrent files, especially videos
- New Library interface with ‘Video’, ‘Audio’, and ‘Other’ sections
- New keyboard shortcuts for virtually all functions (great for programming a remote control)
- Interface polish and refinement
- Easier hacking: the database layer was rewritten to use a simplified SQLite schema and we’ve created a new developer documentation site: Miro Developer Documentation v2.5 (more deets)
- Lots of bug fixes and tweaks
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.