Master Key 5.6.1 for Mac OS X
Master Key is a straightforward typing tutor program specifically written for the Mac.
It offers instruction on QWERTY, Dvorak, QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboards and numeric keypad, history and statistics, multiple users and groups on or off a network, passwords and administrative tools.
Several possible network setups are possible for multiple classes and users, including mixed platform networks.
- Standard Mac OS interface elements
- Typing drills can be paused
- Paginates large text files
- Deleting to previous lines
- Optional font sizes
- No CD to insert to use
- You can test Network Mode before purchasing
- The software is maintained and updated, all ready for your move to OS X. Get all the latest improvements without repurchasing
- The most options for network setup
- Preferences can be centrally controlled or templated for user control
- Uses the network efficiently by only storing dynamic information on it
- Master Key Groups and Users can be created quickly with Passenger
- Optional two-tier password system
- Prompt technical support by email
- The price is hundreds to thousands less than commercial programs
- Quick fulfillment on purchase orders
- Comprehensive individual statistics and history
- ParaTyper game
- Optional timed drills
- Mastery goal for speed and accuracy with certificate print-out
- Drills can be any plain text file
- Typing instruction tips
- Dvorak keyboarding support and drills
- International keyboard support
- Class Editor to change settings for groups
- Optional restrictions on pupil activities
- Optional audio feedback which can include high quality samples of actual typewriters.
* Timer bell at end of timed drill is not turned off when key sounds are off
* Changed ParaTyper font for better readability
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.