Home › Downloads › Multimedia
LameXP is a GUI for the LAME mp3-encoder .
LameXP is a graphical front-end for the LAME MP3, Ogg Vorbis and Nero AAC encoders.
The Nero Encoder is not included in the download, it's available from the Nero Webseite as free download. Accepted input formats are: Wave, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC/MP4, FLAC, WavPack, Musepack, Speex and APE.
Batch processing is implemented and will use multi-threading when several processors/cores are available. All encoder binaries included in the download have been kindly provided by Rarewares.org.
- Upgraded build environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 RTM
- Complete overhaul of the file analyzer, resulting in up to 2.5x faster file import speed
- Reworked the application initialization code, resulting in notably faster startup speed
- Added encoding support for Monkey's Audio (APE) format, including APEv2 tagging support
- Improved file analyzer to retain the original ordering of files imported from a playlist
- Improved internal encoder API, so each encoder can define its own configuration options
- Improved splash screen and working banner, using "sheet of glass" effect on supported OS
- Improved dropbox widget, including proper multi-monitor support
- Updated Opus encoder/decoder libraries to v1.1 and Opus-Tools to v0.1.8 (2013-12-05)
- Updated Monkey's Audio binary to v4.12 (2013-06-26)
- Updated mpg123 decoder to v1.16.0 (2013-10-06), compiled with GCC 4.8.1
- Updated WavPack decoder to v4.70.0 (2013-10-19), compiled with ICL 14.0 and MSVC 12.0
- Updated MediaInfo to v0.7.67 (2014-01-10), compiled with ICL 14.0 and MSVC 12.0
- Updated GNU Wget binary to v1.14.0 (2012-08-05), compiled with GCC 4.8.1
- Updated GnuPG to v1.4.16 (2013-12-13), compiled with GCC 4.8.1
- Updated the QAAC add-in for LameXP to QAAC v2.33 (2014-01-14), compiled with MSVC 12.0
- Updated language files (big thank-you to all contributors !!!)
- Fixed a resource (file descriptor) leak in "static" builds, didn't cause much harm though
- Various bugfixes and code improvements
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: