AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast.
- Single window mode (SDI), multi window mode (MDI);
- Editing of files, which size is more than 64K (generally speaking, size isn't theoretically limited);
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003);
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-16 little endian, UTF-16 big endian, UTF-8);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.