Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The stable channel has been updated to 45.0.2454.101 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This release contains a critical update to Adobe Flash Player (220.127.116.11).
This update includes 29 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
- [$TBD] High CVE-2015-1303: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
- [$TBD] High CVE-2015-1304: Cross-origin bypass in V8. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.[$7500] High CVE-2015-1291: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to anonymous.
- [$7500] High CVE-2015-1292: Cross-origin bypass in ServiceWorker. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
- [$7500] High CVE-2015-1293: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
- [$5000] High CVE-2015-1294: Use-after-free in Skia. Credit to cloudfuzzer.
- [$3000] High CVE-2015-1295: Use-after-free in Printing. Credit to anonymous.
- [$1000] High CVE-2015-1296: Character spoofing in omnibox. Credit to zcorpan.
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2015-1297: Permission scoping error in WebRequest.Credit to Alexander Kashev.
- [$3000] Medium CVE-2015-1298: URL validation error in extensions. Credit to Rob Wu.
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2015-1299: Use-after-free in Blink. Credit to taro.suzuki.dev.
- [$1000] Medium CVE-2015-1300: Information leak in Blink. Credit to cgvwzq.
We would also like to thank all security researchers that worked with us during the development cycle to prevent security bugs from ever reaching the stable channel. The total value of additional rewards and their recipients will updated here when all reports have gone through the reward panel.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work was responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  CVE-2015-1301: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
- Multiple vulnerabilities in V8 fixed at the tip of the 4.5 branch (currently 18.104.22.168).
Many of the above bugs were detected using AddressSanitizer or MemorySanitizer.