Chrome is designed to be fast in every possible way: It's quick to start up from your desktop, loads web pages in a snap, and runs complex web applications fast. Learn more about Chrome and speed.
Chrome's browser window is streamlined, clean and simple. Chrome also includes features that are designed for efficiency and ease of use. For example, you can search and navigate from the same box, and arrange tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
Chrome is designed to keep you safer and more secure on the web with built-in malware and phishing protection, autoupdates to make sure the browser is up-to-date with the latest security updates, and more. Learn more about Chrome's security features.
And more features
Chrome has many useful features built in, including extensions, translation in the browser, themes, and more. Learn more about Chrome's newest and most-loved features.
The Chrome Team is excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 36 to the Stable channel for Windows and Mac. Chrome 36.0.1985.125 contains a number of fixes and improvements, including:
- Rich Notifications Improvements
- An Updated Incognito / Guest NTP design
- The addition of a Browser crash recovery bubble
- Chrome App Launcher for Linux
- Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance
Security Fixes and Rewards
This update includes 26 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were either contributed by external researchers or particularly interesting. Please see the Chromium security page for more information.
- [$2000] Medium CVE-2014-3160: Same-Origin-Policy bypass in SVG. Credit to Christian Schneider.
As usual, our ongoing internal security work responsible for a wide range of fixes:
-  CVE-2014-3162: Various fixes from internal audits, fuzzing and other initiatives.
Many of the above bugs were detected using AddressSanitizer.