Kinect Toolbox 1.2
Kinect Toolbox is a set of useful tools for developing with Kinect for Windows SDK. It includes helpers for gestures, postures, replay and drawing.
This new version introduces a lot of new features alongside bug fixes and various optimizations. As always, you will find in the archive the sources and associated samples (GestureViewer and KinectUI) in order to help you learn how to use the toolbox.
In order to help you detect wrong gestures, I added two classes:
- ContextTracker: this class detects for you if the user is stable (and so if you can detect gestures or not)
- EyeTracker: Using the new Face Tracking system of the SDK 1.5, this class allows you to detect if the user is currently looking at the sensor (to avoid detecting unwanted gestures)
With Kinect, you are the mouse!
To help you define adapted UI and control the mouse, the Kinect Toolbox introduces the following new Tools:
- MouseController: A tool to control the mouse with your Kinect
- MouseImpostor: A new control to replace the mouse pointer (like on Xbox)
- Magnetic controls: An attached property to make magnetic controls in order to help you select controls with your Kinect
With the ParallelCombinedGestureDetector and the SerialCombinedGestureDetector, you will be able to compose gestures (in a parallel or serial way) in order to create really complex gestures.
New PresenceControl control
The PresenceControl control is a WPF control you can use to give a visual feedback to your user. The position of the userís hands is displayed on top of a depth stream representation.
New KinectUI sample
Kinect Toolbox 1.2 adds a new sample called KinectUI to show you how to create user interface adapted to Kinect.
- New ContextTracker class to help detect unwanted gestures
- New EyeTracker class to detect if the user is currently looking at the sensor
- Tools to use Kinect as a mouse controller
- MouseController to control the mouse
- Magnetic control to attract the mouse
- MouseImpostor control to replace the mouse cursor
- New combined gesture detectors
- Parallel gestures
- Serial gestures
- New PresenceControl to give visual feedbacks to users
- Improved GestureViewer sample
- New KinectUI sample
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.