SyMenu is a portable menu launcher that allows to organize and find your portable applications in a quick and easy way.
Moreover SyMenu can automatically link any application residing on host pc.
Any linked item (SyItem) can be organized in a hierarchical structure with colorful folders and found with the internal search tool.
You can customize SyMenu in a simple and quick way adding links to portable programs, documents, Windows commands, folders and urls. It's easy to add new SyItem dragging & dropping file from host pc or using the mass importer tool. Linked items can reside on the same USB device or even on host pc ever since SyMenu supports absolute path (such as C:WindowsExplorer.exe).
These are SyMenu best functionalities:
- Start Search bar: (Windows Vista like) allows to quickly search amongst any SyItem configured on menu;
- Windows Start Menu wrapper: SyMenu exposes through Start Search bar every program linked in host PC Windows Start menu too;
- Extension Manager: allows to temporarly replace normal Windows extension associations with SyMenu custom extension association;
- Autoexec: allows to launch a custom list of SyItems at SyMenu startup or closing.
- Execution modes: Run, RunAs, Open folder and Show Properties.
- Batch Import: allows to make massive imports of new SyItems.
- Every item in the search menu could be optionally shown in a larger version with its full path
- New option set for not portable features (Starts on Windows Logon)
- Added support for environment variables such as %programfiles%, %windir%
- Added Greek language
- Added Russian language
- Menu search is now doubled in size
- Bug fix for the shortcuts to search bar using WIN key
- On FS search it is possible to compose paths either with backslash and slash (useful to avoid che key combination with the ALT key that closes SyMenu )
- New plugin to integrate the "open folder" feature with the most common file managers such as Total Commander, Unreal Commander, Free Commander and Multi Commander
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.