0x8007045d I/O error

Clinkzehffs

Recently, I had a problem with my laptop's harddrive(?). Whenever I ran a file, it would usually stall/lag, or freeze. May it be a song, picture, application or whatever, it takes hours to load or sometimes it just goes not responding.I can't even copy files from second to primary partition or vice versa (takes 15min to copy 30mb of files? & ends up with)
[LEFT][FONT=Verdana]0x8007045d[/FONT][/LEFT]
Cleaned registry(CCleaner), antivirus(Avira) scanned, MBAM scanned, Chkdsk /r'd, and even though it is a little better than before, it's still messed up. Can hardly get anything to run, what do you think could be the issue?
It didn't ever happen before so I don't really think it's about system specs, and I don't really remember installing anything since yesterday (that's when it all started)

There are other possible (and less serious) explanations, but the first thing I would do is verify your hard drive with a manufacturer's drive diagnostic utility.

The UBCD is a simple way to make a bootable CD which can run these diagnostics outside of Windows.

If you the hard drive checks out okay, then I would start looking into software explanations like viruses, malware, multiple virus scanners, file system and storage device drivers etc...

Thanks for the fast reply!

The laptop has a self diagnostic test in BIOS, so I just ran that and yeah it's failing with some error codes.
I even formatted and all before checking with that but nope no luck, it's still lagging.

Would had drive solely cause this problem or could there be something wrong with the memory as well?

Update:
Windows won't let me format my second partition

Yes, the drive can be (and almost certainly is) the sole explanation for your issues. Replacing the hard drive will be your only solution.

Back