10min restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chodam

My computer recently started taking about 10 minutes to recover from power down/restart to the windows screen.

I have not added any hardware or installed any new device or software.

I do not know exactly what I need to list for specs so I will just list the main stuff.
If I need to list anything else let me know and I will quickly post it

CPU:phenom II X2 550 3.1
Motherboard: MSI NF750-G55
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 4 gigs two sticks
GPU: Nvidia nForce 750a (GTX260 in shop)
PSU (do not leave this out): 630WATT 80 certified

First of all, is there any chance that your computer may be infected with malware?

Secondly, try optimizing your computer such as defragging...

Lastly, you might want to configure your computer for a faster boot.

I experienced the same thing with another one of my computers. Sometimes, it wouldn't even boot. At other times it would hang for ever or take 10 or more minutes to boot.

What I did on that computer was
1. replace my HD (which was 3 years old)
2. install the OS (Windows XP Pro) on the new drive

It's been two months. Works like a charm and I haven't had that problem since. It boots quickly and normally.

Hope this helps.

I do not think I have had a malware problem. I did awhile ago and I posted on the site and we fixed it. and I have the malware bytes which comes up clean.

I am defragging now.

Would I did that my msconfig?

Well if you're convinced your computer is clean, you can optimize with a program called Advanced System Care, which is conveniently located on this website. It'll do a much better defrag then windows especially if you decide to get the Pro edition.

Msconfig... you can try eliminating all startup processes except for the vital ones such as antiviruses and firewalls.

Actually if you could try safe mode and see if it boots at a normal rate since safe mode only starts crucial processes.

@siovale - that doesn't tell much except that your problem was on the old hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back